D-STAR registration issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3XD

Hi -

I am new to D-STAR and recently purchased an ID-51A. I am having challenges getting registered to use the D-STAR system. I followed the recommendation, submitted the form, and have not heard anything. I went to the Website and sent an email inquiring if the administrator received my email and again did not hear back. I read online I cannot submit for another registration somewhere else because it can cause issues, nor can I find another local repeater that offers registration options. Can someone make a suggestion on how I can get registered so I can get on the air? I would appreciate any help since I spent $500 for a radio and cannot use it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Derek, K3XD

CommJunkie

That's about all you can do for now. I had the same problem when I registered, and I ended up emailing the whole membership of the club I registered on just to get someone to reply. Turns out their information listed was outdated.

You can use your radio on DStar, but only locally. You won't get on the gateway until your registration is complete. What repeater did you register on?

w2txb

I was approved and am on air now. Thanks for your reply!

Derek

Excellent, and welcome to D-STAR. :)

Most registrations require at least a few days, sometime a couple of weeks, depending upon how busy and available the registration person is... they are totally volunteer and are not likely to be checking their e-mail and web sites several times every day.

Having no local D-STAR repeaters, I registered through a club that is ~50 miles away; finished in a couple of days. Then, when my wife got her ID-51A, she went through the same site and hers was done in less than three days.

D-STAR, like many of the various voice and data modes, is a learning experience, but, so far for me, is a lot of fun.

See you on one of the reflectors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.