D-star UHF simplex

FKimble

Well, I cut and pasted your question into Google. Got a zillion hits. Here is the first hit:

* 145.670 and 438.010 are commonly used as the National D-STAR Simplex Channels and should be used only as Calling Channels for JOTA. Always listen first to avoid interfering with another QSO.

Amazing what the internet will tell you if only you ask!

Frank

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
That 438.010 MHz is an input frequency for amateur TV repeaters (As per the ARRL band plan). JOTA is a Boy Scout event.. It's not much of a calling channel if you can only use it as a calling frequency during the Boy Scout's Jamboree On The Air.

There are agreed upon simplex frequencies for D-Star on HF. D-STAR HF Net - D-STAR Info

But, I don't believe there are any nationally recognized (ie ARRL) general calling frequencies for VHF/UHF digital voice emissions. Gets kind of muddy... For instance, what are the simplex calling frequencies for DMR, P25, Fusion etc?? I think calling frequencies for these modes would be something agreed upon by local users.

kk9h

Premium Subscriber
145.67 is the one I’ve heard used most often, but I have also heard 441.000 suggested on several occasions.