Dacono Accident and C/G, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Interstate 25 north of Dacono is now open after a head-on crash involving three vehicles closed the highway for about an hour Tuesday afternoon.

The accident happened at mile marker 237 near the Longmont exit.

AirTracker7 showed traffic blocked up at least a few miles. It appears that one car that was headed south crossed the median and hit another vehicle headed northbound.
Click here to find out more!

A medical helicopter was called in to remove one victim.

Three vehicles appeared to be involved in the crash including a car, a sport utility vehicle and a van.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
There is major highway construction going on in that stretch of I-25. I take the East service road along that stretch during the afternoon commute.

Something looked different this afternoon like they had shifted lanes of I-25 over further than it has been in recent weeks. They are laying concrete for the 6 lane expansion project. Good luck trying to go at the posted construction zone speed of 55 in that stretch people go nuts if you even think about it.

Phil.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
Ya it will be nice when they get it done, the service road can be worse at times, but that depends when you're driving through there. Guess that also depends where you're going to, 119 a mile and half west of I-25 is messed up too.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
More construction

osoklrs said:
Ya it will be nice when they get it done, the service road can be worse at times, but that depends when you're driving through there. Guess that also depends where you're going to, 119 a mile and half west of I-25 is messed up too.

And don't forget the new bridge being installed at 66 & I-25 fouls traffic on 66.

The construction is a mess. But no matter how much a mess it still isn't clear to me how folks can cross the median into oncoming. This is at least the 2nd in 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.