Daily Carry Radio Case - November 2022

pb_lonny

As my radio collection has increased, I have needed to find a suitable way to carry my radios while still providing them with a good level of protection.

I have recently upgraded my radio kit, selling all my radio gear (both VHF/UHF and also my mediumwave DXing kit) and replacing this with a Uniden UBCD325P2 and a BC75XLT (which is on the way to me). While waiting for these to arrive, I spent many hours tracking down the "perfect" case, my goals being to have a case which was large enough to hold both radios, chargers, batteries and other bits and pieces but also not so large that I would not carry it with me often. Big enough but not too big.

My search turned to eBay and after looking at a few options, I settled on this case which cost $30. The biggest factor which made me decide to go with this case was the length, which I need as I wanted to store my radios with the aerials on but also not so large that it would be a pain to carry it.

After trying a few different configurations and layouts, I decided on this setup, I have used some scrap timber to make some dividers and I have wrapped these in black duct tape.

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am ale to carry and store multiple radios, chargers, spare batteries and ear phones, everything I need for portable radio scanning sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my backpack. For $30 it provides a great level of protection.

While this case was designed for my radio scanning / logging needs, the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio scanning or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Daily Carry Radio Case - November 2022