Daily Carry Radio Case - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Recently I have been looking at change / improving my “Portable Radio Scanning Go Kit”. Until now I have used a few different cases and bags, some have worked really well, others have not been as great. What I enjoy is the challenge of trying different options, the experience I get from this allows me to continue improving my cases, hopefully finally finding the ultimate setup which works for me.

I was out doing some shopping recently when I called passed my local Supercheap Auto store, here I found this new case for $24.95, I decided to replace my previous case as I found it was not working as well as I would have liked. My plan being to use my previous case for my work tools and use this new case for my radio scanning go kit. My plans was to be able to carry two radio scanners.

I started off at home by testing some different layouts, the one I settled on is below and allows me to carry:
- Uniden UBCD396XT
- Icom R5
- 3 x aerials
- AC charger
- Ear phones
- Programming cable (including USB to serial adaptor)
- Spare AA batteries

This layout is about the most efficient use of the space that I could do.

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am able to carry and store everything I need for portable sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my back pack. For under $25 it provides a great level of protection. It is also much lighter than my previous cases, meaning I will carry it with me more often. It really wins on the price v size v quality scale.

While this case was designed for radio scanning, the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio dxing or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Daily Carry Radio Case - September 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.