Daily Carry Radio Monitoring Case - January 2023

pb_lonny

As my radio collection has increased, I have needed to find a suitable way to carry my radios while still providing them with a good level of protection. As I am also taking my "daily carry" kit with me more, I was struggling to keep all of this together and to easily access each radio as needed.

I have recently upgraded my radio kit, selling all my radio gear (both VHF/UHF and also my mediumwave DXing kit) and replacing this with an Icom R6 and an Uniden UBC93XLT (this is on the way to me).

I was recently given an Amazon gift voucher and used this to purchase this for $35 and also some other radio related bits and pieces. I spent some time trying a few different layouts and have settled on this one, it has enough room for two scanners, accessories and aerials. I was planning on having my radios setup the other way with the aerials attached but I found that they were just that little bit too long.

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am able to carry and store multiple radios, chargers, spare batteries and ear phones, everything I need for portable radio scanning sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my backpack. For $35 it provides a great level of protection. Out of all the cases I have setup over the years, I think this one has worked out the best and has the most "professional" layout and setup I have done.

While this case was designed for my radio scanning / logging needs, the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio scanning or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Daily Carry Radio Monitoring Case - January 2023

pb_lonny

An Update:
Sold the Icom R6
Got an UBC125XLT.
Added a AA charger and USB adaptor

Case_23022023%20(1).jpg

MITCHMMN

Hi, I'm from Queensland and an absolute newbie at scanners and just purchased the UBC125XLT from amazon UK

I see you're from Tassie and wondering if it'll work in Australia being a UK scanner and how good quality is the UBC125XLT?

Appreciate it :)

Last edited: