Daily Carry Radio Scanner Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Over the past few weeks I've been tasting a few different radio cases with the idea being trying to find the best radio case that will work for my situation.

After trying a few different models and set ups, I found at this hard case which I purchased from Bunnings for $24.95 does the best job. It is large enough to hold my you ubcd396xt, aerial, belt clip, AC charger and headphones but it is also small enough to fit into my laptop backpack which I carry each day for work.

I have added some bubble wrap to the lid of the case, thus provides protection and I've also used some black gaffer tape to attach this to the lid.

Overall for less than $25, this provides about the best level protection that I can get for my radio scanner as well as being small enough to carry around with me when and as I need to.

Photos: Daily Carry Radio Scanner Case

wtp

i use a pocket or two and sometimes a belt clip for one.
why put it in a box, i is very heard to hear that way.
i was asked one day why i had two radios. the reply "two things can happen at once"

N8IAA

i use a pocket or two and sometimes a belt clip for one.
why put it in a box, i is very heard to hear that way.
i was asked one day why i had two radios. the reply "two things can happen at once"

He puts it in a box to protect the radio/radios. He takes them out to monitor.

wtp

i am just saying that if you go out the radio stays on so you can hear it.
it would be rare for me to not have one and have it on, i took one to my wedding, yes the wife knew and understood.
(it was off for the ceremony).

spacellamaman

years ago at a DUI checkpoint i had a police officer ask me why i had two handguns on the dash. my reply was basically the same thing. didn't seem to satisfy his curiosity though.

yes the wife knew and understood.
some guys have all the luck

(it was off for the ceremony).

Ohhhh! What... a.....

SELL-OUT!

You're FIRED!

wtp

the radio was off because her dad did nothing but talk loudly through the whole thing, and it was hard to hear the radio.
i think he wanted all the attention, what with him wearing those robes and carrying a book, asking us questions. standing in between us,
you would think he was in charge.

oh, right he was.

they are one of those Catholic folks who let their Priests marry.
and she did not bring her radio as her gown did not have pockets.

spacellamaman

the radio was off because her dad did nothing but talk loudly through the whole thing, and it was hard to hear the radio.
i think he wanted all the attention, what with him wearing those robes and carrying a book, asking us questions. standing in between us,
you would think he was in charge.

oh, right he was.

they are one of those Catholic folks who let their Priests marry.
and she did not bring her radio as her gown did not have pockets.

that is hilarious on every point. i got nothing. your post stands on its own :)

wtp

thank you sir, but as i like to say, the truth is funnier than anything i can make up.
the wife did find a pic of my back pocket with the scanner antenna sticking out.
084.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.