Daily Carry Radio Scanning Case - November 2022

pb_lonny

As my radio collection has increased, I have needed to find a suitable way to carry my radios while still providing them with a good level of protection. As I am also taking my "daily carry" kit with me more, I was struggling to keep all of this together and to easily access each radio as needed.

I have recently upgraded my radio kit, selling all my radio gear (both VHF/UHF and also my mediumwave DXing kit) and replacing this with an Uniden UBCD325P2 and an Uniden BC75XLT (this is on the way to me).

I found that my local Bunnings finally had this case back in stock (Tactix Tough Case in Tan - Small), for $29, it is great value. I spent some time trying a few different layouts and have settled on this one, it has enough room for two scanners, accessories and aerials.

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am able to carry and store multiple radios, chargers, spare batteries and ear phones, everything I need for portable radio scanning sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my backpack. For $30 it provides a great level of protection.

While this case was designed for my radio scanning / logging needs, the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio scanning or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Daily Carry Radio Scanning Case - November 2022