Daily Carry Ultralight DXing Case - October 2022

pb_lonny

As my radio collection has increased, I have needed to find a suitable way to carry my radios while still providing them with a good level of protection. As I am also taking my "daily carry" kit with me more, I was struggling to keep all of this together and to easily access each radio as needed.

I have recently upgraded my ultralight radio dxing radio kit, upgrading to a Digitech AR-1780 and Tecsun PL-365 receivers. While waiting for these to arrive, I spent many hours tracking down the "perfect" case, my goals being to have a case which was large enough to hold both radios, chargers, batteries and other bits and pieces but also not so large that I would not carry it with me often. Big enough but not too big.

My search turned to eBay and after looking at a few options, I settled on this case which cost $30. The biggest factor which made me decide to go with this case was the length, which I need as I wanted to store my radios in a given configuration but also not so large that it would be a pain to carry it.

I added some dividers which are made from some scrap timber and have been wrapped in black tape.

Overall, I am very pleased with how well this case has come out, I am able to carry and store multiple radios, chargers, spare batteries and ear phones, everything I need for portable radio scanning sessions. It is also small enough to fit in my backpack. For $30 it provides a great level of protection.

While this case was designed for my radio dxing needs, the same ideas could be used for amateur radio, radio scanning or any other radio storage need.

Photos: Daily Carry Ultralight DXing Case - October 2022