Dairyland Power new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9upc

Does anyone know what type of DMR system Dairyland Power is running and if it is encrypted? Do not want to plop down money on a DMR scanner for nothing.

Was hoping that I could use one of my UHF DMR radios in poor man's trunking to monitor but so far no luck.

peewee007

Gary Hanson
Feed Provider
Does anyone know what type of DMR system Dairyland Power is running and if it is encrypted? Do not want to plop down money on a DMR scanner for nothing.

Was hoping that I could use one of my UHF DMR radios in poor man's trunking to monitor but so far no luck.
This might be helpful if ya haven't seen it:

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Was a hodgepodge of analog and conventional P25. Now, it is a Moto Capacity Max system. Doubt if they are running any encryption. Supposed to be expanded to additional regional electric co-ops over time (more radios and towers). Mostly mobile radios in use with some portables. TT

n9upc

Was a hodgepodge of analog and conventional P25. Now, it is a Moto Capacity Max system. Doubt if they are running any encryption. Supposed to be expanded to additional regional electric co-ops over time (more radios and towers). Mostly mobile radios in use with some portables.

Thanks and this begs the question on how to monitor a Moto Capacity Max system. Do DMR scanners do it? Can a Tier 2 DMR radio monitor it without affiliation?

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Cannot monitor with a motorola radio unless it is setup on system with the radio serial number loaded into database. You would need a scanner or some other radio with passive DMR monitor capability. TT

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
The system is no encypted and is a DMR Tier III system from Motorola, they have branded their system Capacity Max but it is still a Tier III system.
Yes the DMR scanners will monitor it, and non-Motorola DMR radios should be able to monitor it passively. I have had no issue with Hytera and TYT listening to it.

n9upc

The system is no encypted and is a DMR Tier III system from Motorola, they have branded their system Capacity Max but it is still a Tier III system.
Yes the DMR scanners will monitor it, and non-Motorola DMR radios should be able to monitor it passively. I have had no issue with Hytera and TYT listening to it.
Perfect and I will try listening to it tomorrow.

n9upc

Well might need to dig out the SDR as passive (promiscuous) monitoring real quick today did not work. Now granted it was an Anytone and I saw traffic (Rx light coming on) and in analog heard the DMR brapp but no decode of any data or audio heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.