Dallas Fire Rescue 7 alarm fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
DFR currently working a seven alarm structure fire, 4855 Grammercy Oaks Dr, far North Dallas, near the Bush Turnpike & Dallas North Tollway.

This was reported to be an apartment complex under construction, according to radio traffic as I was driving home from work. While it was still at the 2nd alarm stage (maybe 3rd), 806 advised they were backing out of the building until the power could be cut off.

Just called for the third & fourth rescues in the past ten minutes. Parts of the building are collapsing.

Mapsco 655Z

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Where's the radio traffic (which channels)? Are they rebroadcasting FG?
Russell, I'm sure they're using ch's 11 & 12, the simplex firegrounds, but I'm way outta range for that! I'm listening to Ch 1, the normal primary. No "simulcast" of the fireground on the city trunk system (the tgid 9968 that's listed in the database). From what I've seen noted elsewhere, they discontinued actually using that some time ago. I've left it programmed just in case, but there has been no traffic in well over a year, at least, on that talkgroup, during multiple fires (and multiple alarm ones), including some in "simplex range" for me.

WFAA-Ch 8's web page is reporting two firefighters injured. Both USR units, and seven rescues (MICU's) are assigned, plus the usual engines, trucks, etc.

RubySprinkles

Any updates on this? Went to lay down for a bit and just came back; haven't heard anything on the Dallas Fire & Rescue radio.

soncorn

Status
Not open for further replies.