Dallas Fire - Trunked System Rollout 2022

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Saturday DFR had activity on Fire Dispatch 1 & 2, EMS Dispatch 1 & 2 and TAC-1. 660 didn't have a radio ID but from what I could glance down and see several apparatus were displaying ID's.

Some DPD elements on Northeast were also displaying RID's.

I am wondering if the radio shop was waiting until after the St. Paddy's day fest to transfer over to the 700 fulltime. You don't want to do that before a major citywide celebration but by having everyone mixed during gives them a better idea of problems and fixes before its critical.

I listened to the event on DPD-12 from the Richland College area, was anything ever done on the trunk? I'm wondering what TG will become DPD-12?

From the Public Safety Committee meeting in January, they will move DPD one Division at a time.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Whats the difference between Building Security and Dallas City Security?

Also seeing many Denied requests on Layer 1 for Water Utilities and Sanitation. So this makes me think that my comment earlier about Layer 1 being Public Safety oriented and Layer 2 being city services makes more sense. Unfortunately im not able to get Layer 2 at work to run trunker on it. But layer 1 comes in great. SE Collin Collin county is where i am able to run trunker. Dont have the set up at home to do this.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Whats the difference between Building Security and Dallas City Security?

Also seeing many Denied requests on Layer 1 for Water Utilities and Sanitation. So this makes me think that my comment earlier about Layer 1 being Public Safety oriented and Layer 2 being city services makes more sense. Unfortunately im not able to get Layer 2 at work to run trunker on it. But layer 1 comes in great. SE Collin Collin county is where i am able to run trunker. Dont have the set up at home to do this.
35061 is County, not City.
3506188f5TDal Co Bld SecBuilding Security

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
TG 36003 is doing a tone every 10 seconds.
Its like the channel marker tone you hear when a police dept has the channel closed for some emergency. Ive heard it on Collin CO So disp 1 channel a few times.
So makes me wonder if 36003 will also be a police talk group down the road.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
TG 36003 is doing a tone every 10 seconds.
Its like the channel marker tone you hear when a police dept has the channel closed for some emergency. Ive heard it on Collin CO So disp 1 channel a few times.
So makes me wonder if 36003 will also be a police talk group down the road.
Pretty sure it's going to be SWR PD Dispatch 1 (Southwest Regional).

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any old logs of UIDs on the Dallas Love Field PD talkgroup on the NCTCOG system? The talkgroup has been silent so I’m guessing they have already moved and are likely encrypted now. Would like to try to identify their talkgroup.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any old logs of UIDs on the Dallas Love Field PD talkgroup on the NCTCOG system? The talkgroup has been silent so I’m guessing they have already moved and are likely encrypted now. Would like to try to identify their talkgroup.
I don't have any logs, but DSDPlus shows radios that were seen affiliated with it. That said, I only found one radio, 7013509, back in October 2020 had been logged on Talkgroup 6163. Haven't logged the Dallas site in quite a while, so I don't know if that radio is still in use for Love Field.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't have any logs, but DSDPlus shows radios that were seen affiliated with it. That said, I only found one radio, 7013509, back in October 2020 had been logged on Talkgroup 6163. Haven't logged the Dallas site in quite a while, so I don't know if that radio is still in use for Love Field.
I've been logging both the two new Dallas/NTIRN sites as well as the Dallas P25/NCTCOG system for a couple of weeks. No hits on TGID 6163.

I'm a;sp recording both systems & reviewing the logs & recording to identify new TGIDs as well as try to determine the usage for new, unidentified, talkgroups.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been able to confirm 3 new and encrypted talkgroups 31270, 31271, and 31272, and suspect they might be Love Field. However, I haven't come across any radio IDs that were on used on the old system yet. It's likely that they're all new radios. I have seen several radios on those talkgroups affiliated with both police and fire channels though, so that also makes me think these 3 encrypted talkgroups are likely Love Field.

t5333

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been able to confirm 3 new and encrypted talkgroups 31270, 31271, and 31272, and suspect they might be Love Field. However, I haven't come across any radio IDs that were on used on the old system yet. It's likely that they're all new radios. I have seen several radios on those talkgroups affiliated with both police and fire channels though, so that also makes me think these 3 encrypted talkgroups are likely Love Field.
I had a brief hit on 31271 several weeks ago on March 2 and it was encrypted.

t5333

Premium Subscriber
They were testing 36116 (Lancaster?) and 35090 (Dallas County) today.