Dallas Fireground Repeated/Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFD1994

Fire Photographer
Premium Subscriber
So I have scanned Dallas/Ft. Worth for several years but for some reason I have missed the Dallas Fire frequency that is listed as "Repeated Fireground/Admin" at 453.67500 with a tone of 131DPL. I am guessing I have missed this because it is never used but I was curious to know if anyone has caught any traffic on this frequency or if anyone has some insight to when this might be used since I cannot find any relation between this freq and the actual fireground freq that is our standard simplex.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I have scanned Dallas/Ft. Worth for several years but for some reason I have missed the Dallas Fire frequency that is listed as "Repeated Fireground/Admin" at 453.67500 with a tone of 131DPL. I am guessing I have missed this because it is never used but I was curious to know if anyone has caught any traffic on this frequency or if anyone has some insight to when this might be used since I cannot find any relation between this freq and the actual fireground freq that is our standard simplex.
It is occasionally used.

I've heard it in use on really large fires, especially those in a large apartment complex that spreads to several buildings, and escalates to 4 or 5 alarms. More commonly, I've heard it used for "special event" type coordination, like the marathon, some large event at the convention center, or elsewhere (Victory Park or Fair Park). But no, it's not heavily used.

SCPD

QRT
I hear more maintenance on it than fire ground, On the larger fire's I hear some operations on the Back-up repeaters but the majority of it on channels 11 & 12. I don't even hear DFR using the Trunked system TG much anymore..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I hear more maintenance on it than fire ground, On the larger fire's I hear some operations on the Back-up repeaters but the majority of it on channels 11 & 12. I don't even hear DFR using the Trunked system TG much anymore..
Are you thinking more of 451.1500, "Units to Shop and Major Incidents", listed as Ch 3?

The "Repeated Fireground / Admin" is Ch 4, 453.67500, and I have heard limited fireground usage on it.

SCPD

QRT
Are you thinking more of 451.1500, "Units to Shop and Major Incidents", listed as Ch 3?

The "Repeated Fireground / Admin" is Ch 4, 453.67500, and I have heard limited fireground usage on it.

Wow, didn't know that. always thought 451.1500 was MIFG and I generally have CH-4 locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.