Dallas ISD Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
Dallas ISD will be upgrading radio systems over the next year and possibly 2021. I will give more info as it becomes safe to do so.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Someone threatening you? " as it becomes safe to do so "

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
As a reminder...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I suspect that the changes to Dallas ISD radio systems are related to the new Dallas/Dallas County P25 system, which supposedly will go into service the end of this year, or maybe next if they are running behind. The school district may elect to use the new system, or at least have the option for incidents where they need to interact with Dallas PD.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
if they plan on getting it online this year they better hurry. last i heard it was still in planning phases and no construction has begun on sites. but im not really in the loop so its possible i am wrong.

nd5y

Any major upgrades involving purchasing or leasing $$$$ equipment, consultant fees, airtime or tower space would be in the school board meeting agendas and minutes on their web site.
If they decide to use the City of Dallas system they would probably need an interlocal agreement which would need to be approved by the board. That would also be in the agendas and minutes.
If they build or modify their own system you would expect to see FCC license applications.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Is Dallas ISD Police still on that T-Band UHF channel? I tried to listen to it a few years ago and it seemed like the dispatcher was over modulated and i quickly locked it out.
I guess i can look for it in my scanner and see if its still active.
Nothing like going with a radio system that Motorola will be phasing out in the near future.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
Is Dallas ISD Police still on that T-Band UHF channel? I tried to listen to it a few years ago and it seemed like the dispatcher was over modulated and i quickly locked it out.
I guess i can look for it in my scanner and see if its still active.
Nothing like going with a radio system that Motorola will be phasing out in the near future.
From what I can hear from home, DISDPD was active on their analog last time I looked

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
They are still using the same channel, audio sounds better then i remember but hearing some signaling before each field unit keys.. So yup its still active.
Will it be a straight, large area cap plus or will it be linked cap plus? Ive seen some smaller districts put up individual sites with lower power on campuses or higher power to encompass several schools and use LCP to keep everyone connected.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
They are still using the same channel, audio sounds better then i remember but hearing some signaling before each field unit keys.. So yup its still active.
Will it be a straight, large area cap plus or will it be linked cap plus? Ive seen some smaller districts put up individual sites with lower power on campuses or higher power to encompass several schools and use LCP to keep everyone connected.
To be honest, I have no clue yet

Status
Not open for further replies.