Dallas PD on NCTCOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
During a pause in things this week, I was listening to the NCTCOG Dallas Simulcast site earlier this week, and noticed a couple of talkgroups with a lot of activity that I hadn't noticed before, and was wondering if someone else can confirm what I found:

• 6200 appears to be Southwest Division, either a dispatch or NCIC/Info channel. One officer even asked another about if they still had their 'old' radio, so it is plausible for it to be a dispatch despite me hearing nothing but NCIC checks.

• 60026 Appears to be a patch with Northeast Dispatch (lots of encode/decode noise, so not listenable for extended periods of time, I got just enough of two addresses to confirm what patrol division it was and then shut it off).

If somebody can confirm this, I will submit them to RRDB (and hope they don't get stuck like the other talkgroups I submitted in July for the NCTCOG that are still pending)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
During a pause in things this week, I was listening to the NCTCOG Dallas Simulcast site earlier this week, and noticed a couple of talkgroups with a lot of activity that I hadn't noticed before, and was wondering if someone else can confirm what I found:

• 6200 appears to be Southwest Division, either a dispatch or NCIC/Info channel. One officer even asked another about if they still had their 'old' radio, so it is plausible for it to be a dispatch despite me hearing nothing but NCIC checks.

• 60026 Appears to be a patch with Northeast Dispatch (lots of encode/decode noise, so not listenable for extended periods of time, I got just enough of two addresses to confirm what patrol division it was and then shut it off).

If somebody can confirm this, I will submit them to RRDB (and hope they don't get stuck like the other talkgroups I submitted in July for the NCTCOG that are still pending)
Southwest is still using their Uhf channel, at least for most activity. I have not paid a lot of attention to 6200, as I have been running discovery sessions on other systems. Hpwever, in looking at ProScan logs, I do see quite a few hits on TGID 6200.

I'll set up one scanner for only the Dallas P25 system, and see what comes up. I'm in Southwest's district, so just about any street names mentioned will be familiar. as would any (on another TGID) for South Central.

I suspect that 60026 might be DPS, not Dallas PD. All of the Dallas (city) talkgroups I've seen so far on the Dallas Simulcast have been 4 digits, not 5. As already confirmed, DPS is using 60035 for toll road units (DNT, GBTP, occasionally Sam Rayburn & Chisholm Trail), with 60029 patched to DPD Ch 12 when DPS was working with DPD on high crime areas. I have heard a handful of transmisisons on 60025 that sounded like DPS, but not enough to positively identify the usage.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
And that is exactly why I posed the question here instead of just blindly submitting info into RRDB. I'm in North Frisco (I can throw a rock and hit 380 and Preston), My indoor antenna rig in my 3rd Floor Apartment can only pick up so much, so the old Dallas Motorola System was not monitorable from here. The NCTCOG Dallas Simulcast Site comes in strong along with the Collin and Denton County sites, and I can hear some of the analog DPD/DFD dispatches (lots of static but still understandable).

I went back to the addresses that I had heard and despite Google Maps saying Dallas, they do appear to be in Cockrell Hill corporate limits. That would also explain why the 20 minutes of recordings had very little call activity and quite a bit of traffic stops and NCIC checks. I would have thought DPD Southwest Division would be busy with lots of calls.

Dallas County in general is needing some cleanup in the RRDB. I spent a few hours Saturday on a road trip that went down to the Medical Center and ended up in Plano/Wylie. In the Medical Center alone, Parkwood's LTR system is gone, and they're now using Megahertz Technology Connect Plus like JPS is in Fort Worth (although the site on Megahertz was with incorrect LCNs leaving it rather deaf, for which I have submitted fixes), UT Southwestern and Children's Medical Center both appear to have replaced their LTR systems with Capacity Plus systems. Not to mention a whole slew of other Capacity Plus systems not added and investigation if the LTR systems downtown are still there.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
For Children's, I have LCNs for four of the five licensed frequencies. Either the fifth is not in use, or there was never enough activity to bring it into play. I've identified a dozen talkgroups, with some others in occasional use, but not enough to confidently state what they are used for,

Most of the larger hotels have also switched to DMR. The downtown Hyatt Regency is in the database, and I've submitted a couple of talkgroups for it. The Omni is not as yet. I show five frequencies, and 13 identified talkgroups. There are more with sporadic usage, not enough to call their function. But with the collapse of business travel due to Covid, the system is much less active than before.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
For Children's, I have LCNs for four of the five licensed frequencies. Either the fifth is not in use, or there was never enough activity to bring it into play. I've identified a dozen talkgroups, with some others in occasional use, but not enough to confidently state what they are used for,

Most of the larger hotels have also switched to DMR. The downtown Hyatt Regency is in the database, and I've submitted a couple of talkgroups for it. The Omni is not as yet. I show five frequencies, and 13 identified talkgroups. There are more with sporadic usage, not enough to call their function. But with the collapse of business travel due to Covid, the system is much less active than before.
Its for that reason I've been focusing on the large trunked network systems (think about all the TeamConnect updates I recently did, locating a majority of the sites in the MetroPlex) and hospitals both systems are still seeing a lot of traffic (even on the weekends when I can venture out). There's a lot of small systems that right now just doesn't have enough traffic to get good results (I was lucky on the Galleria Capacity Plus system, that I got all the LCNs, but only was able to clearly identify 1 of the 5 talkgroups I heard).

Weekdays is finding me at my Frisco base, recording all the traffic on the Collin County P25 site of the PAWM system, trying to get ahead of the system going live with any talkgroup identification I can get. I also got several Frisco ISD schools DMR traffic this week during back to school activities, and need to submit that to the RRDB (Not to mention I know Allen and Anna ISD's have trunked systems, but I'm out of range of both so it'll be a day off work to go chase those).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's up with Megahertz/Parkland. I had the site programmed for a while, but must be missing too much data to work. In theory, at least, I should be well within range, but either it's set up wrong, or they are using such low power to only cover the campus area that I couldn't get a good signal from 7 miles away. That was before my external antenna was taken down during a roof replacement. Right now, without an external antenna, trying to monitor some of the weaker signals is pointless for me.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what's up with Megahertz/Parkland. I had the site programmed for a while, but must be missing too much data to work. In theory, at least, I should be well within range, but either it's set up wrong, or they are using such low power to only cover the campus area that I couldn't get a good signal from 7 miles away. That was before my external antenna was taken down during a roof replacement. Right now, without an external antenna, trying to monitor some of the weaker signals is pointless for me.

I've already submitted the update to fix the Megahertz site, but the LCN's are wrong, and one frequency was wrong:

LCNFrequencyColor Code
03453.6250c15

That should work a lot better than what is currently out there.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've already submitted the update to fix the Megahertz site, but the LCN's are wrong, and one frequency was wrong:

LCNFrequencyColor Code
03453.6250c15

That should work a lot better than what is currently out there.
Thanks
I'll try that & see what I get.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber

Do you mind sharing those talkgroups you submitted here since they're still stuck? I'd be interested in trying to confirm some for myself I've heard and the database has not been updated since January.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Do you mind sharing those talkgroups you submitted here since they're still stuck? I'd be interested in trying to confirm some for myself I've heard and the database has not been updated since January.
Cut and paste from the submission:

Code:
TGID    MODE    ALPHA TAG        DESCRIPTION                            TAG
6116    D    DPD Fugitive 1    Dallas PD Fugitive/Parole Unit Ch 1            Law Tac
6117    D    DPD Fugitive 2    Dallas PD Fugitive/Parole Unit Ch 2            Law Tac
6142    D    Dal WU Meter    Water Utilities Water Meters (Ch 1)            Public Works
6143    D    Dal WU Service    Water Utilities Service Orders (Ch 2)        Public Works

6142 already existed, so this just added the channel number (heard units on 6142 and 6143 being on wrong channels). 6116 and 6117 I actually heard mention over the air what group it was, and then referring to channel 2, so those two are 99% certainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.