Dallas Police Online CAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetxmi

Sweet. Now I will be able to fine tune my listening. It can be overwhelming at times.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Too bad not all calls are in there...

"Disclaimer - The calls listed here are only those where the element assigned to the call has arrived and is currently working the call. It does not include any calls for service, whether currently being worked or not, that are not releasable due to privacy laws. The mapping function will take you to the street the call is located on but not to the exact address."

Still very helpful though...

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Privacy Laws: BS

My belief is that they are not putting undispatched calls for service on the CAD because they don't want the public to actually see how long its actually taking their police to get to a call for service; in some cases over 4 hours. Or perhaps the substandard CAD system they purchased can't handle the load? And what calls are not being placed on the CAD because of "privacy laws?" That sounds kinda strange. Arlington shows their undispatched calls on their cad system;
http://www.arlingtonpd.org/CAD.asp
They show the calls being held and calls where officers are enroute. Apparently, they don't have any "privacy issues" with it? The Dallas Fire Rescue CAD: http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/fadata/fdindex.html
shows dispatched calls where apparatus are enroute also. So Dallas PD CAD is a nice start, but it has a way to go.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Calls Holding for DPD would be ridiculas! on Friday and saturday nights DPD have more calls holding in Ch-2, 5, 3 & 4 than they have actual officers on the streets Citywide. Kinda like going to Parkland on Friday night, if your NOT a trauma case, you MIGHT get out on Sunday but most likely Monday (The following Monday) Low priority calls have an average 2 hour response time and I have seen calls holding in excess of 8 to 12 hours at times.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
MaxTracker said:
Calls Holding for DPD would be ridiculas! on Friday and saturday nights DPD have more calls holding in Ch-2, 5, 3 & 4 than they have actual officers on the streets Citywide. Kinda like going to Parkland on Friday night, if your NOT a trauma case, you MIGHT get out on Sunday but most likely Monday (The following Monday) Low priority calls have an average 2 hour response time and I have seen calls holding in excess of 8 to 12 hours at times.

No doubt.. I am listening to Ch 5 right now and can't believe the dispatcher is keeping up with everything. LOL

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
RESCUE4NFD said:
From my scanning of DPD,It seems that on an average Ch.4 (460.4250) Southwest has the most calls...
Ch 4's (Southwest) call hold times are not helped by the fact that the patrol cars have to go to Central for gas. They seem to make that in a very leisurely hour and a half, usually at the start of their shift. Cumulatively speaking, that's like pulling several officers off each watch.

tnf

are there any live audio feeds? i know there used to be one, but cant seem to get on it (dallas crime watch)

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
bownasterm said:
Just FYI these are all CODE 6 CALLS not calls that are CODE 5 or unassigned

Yes sir.

I wish I could pick up Dallas PD NE better. I can get all other parts of town very well...but pretty darn weak/noisy on the NE. I guess that means I live far enough away from all the crime there... LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.