Dallas Police Patrol Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RESCUE4NFD

I listen to Dallas Police "Patrol Deployment" on the City of Dallas trunk system,what is the duties of these units.They are assigned to all the different Divisions in the city.Are they CID units or Street Crime units?There is always radio traffic on the 11 ID's they they have on the City Dallas System.THANKS for any Info...

SCPD

QRT
Pretty Simple Mike, Deployment sit in Dark Cars in High Crime area's of North, Northeast and Northwest parts of the city and Scan DPD patrol channels for crimes. When a crime is comitted in their area, they respond quietly and sit in the middle of the mix looking for the bad guys, if and when they find him, they set up a Very Complex surveillance operation and run video documenting the criminal act(s). In some cases they will bring in Narcotics, Vice, FBI, ATF or Rangers and issue a takedown to be prosecuted with "Organized" or "Rico" consequenses.

Origionally, Deployment was set up as an Auto-Theft Task force. But because they are so successful in Stealth, they eventually were assigned to High Crime areas to Investigate all crimes. If a Shooting comes out in NE (Ch-2) Deployment will "Flood" the area in un-marked to very non-recognizable police cars (Siezed, Borrowed from the Fed's, Leased, in some cases still stolen) and watch everything. With this approach, they can let DPD marked elements operate then Move on, the neighborhood calms down and returns to its own Crime State and Deployment are nesstled in with Video and Stealth surveillance rolling and eventually capture the culprits.

Deployment were used as the Intellegence edge for Operation Kitchen Sink and Disruption. Most are armed with AR's and operate on the TRS and have immediate NEXTEL access to High Command, Tactical, FBI and outside Police Agencies.

Deployment were trained by the FBI under Rathburn when Specialized DPD sharred offices with the FBI in the 80's and 90's. Also under Ben Clicks Term, then that African American Chief and Laura Miller broke that up and put them on the streets.

Deployment can operate 5 to 10 field units with a Un-Marked Crown Vic Sergeant with Computer sitting in the Distance running plates and acting as support. The Sergeant will also have realtime communications and updates citywide of crimes in progress and Investigative activities. Deployment will assist in US Marshall Warrant executions, SWAT Surveillance, Cold Tailing Chases, ect.

You can have Deployment sitting beside you at a red light and curse under your breath because they look just like the scumbags who makes Dallas Streets unsafe. Each Patrol Division have a Deployment detail and they work all shifts, they have their own Secretary at the Sub-Stations and seldome use Dispatched Channels to Go in and out of Service. Most of the time they are on Nextel with the Channel Dispatcher alike Patrol is on the UHF Radio. Deployment have their own Patrol beats also, Generally one Deployment beet is equivallient to three Patrol Beets. so Deployment beet 254, encompasses Patrol beet, 254, 255 and 253. Also, Deployment can go where ever they need to, they are not bound to their area or to the city. If the crime in progress takes them to other cities and counties, so beit.

If you are a Drug dealer, Crackhead, Hooker, Car thief or Burgular in Dallas, you Best Fear the Deployment/Covert unit, cuz there out there watching for you.

SCPD

QRT
DPD Deployment

NICE, VERY NICE Deployment update in the City of Dallas Database. I will be adding that to my gear.

Mike, back when there were two God Aweful motels at LBJ & Abrams, (Torn down for Wal-Mart now) I was a Security officer which worked those. Our Company literally lived on site. Two weeks on - Two weeks off. Our Dispatch was high tech and we ran people for Backrounds on Public Data.com We had a few circumstances where Deployment needed immedate info and we provided them with it. Which opened up a working relationship. We might give them a list of rooms suspected of Narcotic sales Thursday night. Friday evening we would notice a Broke down looking car in the lot near those rooms and a Voice come accross our radio with a very stern "BACK OFF" warning. Finish our shift, awake Suturday to find the car and Problem gone and yet no one ever really heard anything. No arrests in the paper, Just the problems was quickly gone. Thats how deployment operate.

Another example of deployment: An apartment is burglerized repeaditly, Deployment come in, park by dumpsters Lay there seets back, Put car blinds on their dash & Windshield turn the radio low, with an ear piece, wrap up in a blanket While in grill camera systems zoom in and out on Wireless monitors in the Officers gear bag recording all activity. The officer calls for Patrol to ID whoever, Deployment never moves. a nosey neighbor calls Police about an Abandond car by a Dumpster, a Patrol element responds only to be ordered to just look at it, ticket it and leave. Thats DPD Deployment!!!

tj20

Wow MaxTracker did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? I will have to check that out next time I am in the Dallas area.

SCPD

QRT
No, Motel-s*x ROFL!!!

it used to be the royal inn/Howard johnson (American inn) next to Abrams Centre Bank, off 635 between Markville and Abrams. The cream of the crop, As delux as Delux Crackhead motels get, now its a Wal-Mart! Even the cockroaches wore body armour and went to detox on a regular basis.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The SW & SC patrol deployment units, and occasionally CID, have also been working on the vehicle arson fires that have been occurring in the 'Cliff & a few in S. Dallas. They can get pretty interesting.
SW was using the citywide (TGID 9088) for awhile, but then I ran across the new groups when I was off this week.

bownasterm

Not only is deployment working on these but everyone on the department is pitching in a hand including the reserve unit. (car fires in oak cliff)

Thanks for the info, I have been working for DPD for awhile now and didn't even notice that this unit existed...

Firetxmi

Awesome! I had no idea what this was. I just programmed it in and it is bursting with activity.

Your description, and some of the transmissions I am hearing, remind me of the movie Training Day.

Last edited:

RESCUE4NFD

Richardson Police/Covert Deployment

I've been scanning DPD Deployment Divisions tonight 4/2/08 and heard radio traffic on the DPD Trunk ID 9072(Northeast Div) saying that Richardson Police are starting a Covert/Deployment Division with 6 officers,and have asked DPD for some training from their Deployment Divisions.

SCPD

QRT
RESCUE4NFD said:
I've been scanning DPD Deployment Divisions tonight 4/2/08 and heard radio traffic on the DPD Trunk ID 9072(Northeast Div) saying that Richardson Police are starting a Covert/Deployment Division with 6 officers,and have asked DPD for some training from their Deployment Divisions.

RPD used to have a Covert unit in the 80's it was Called SDT. this was when RPD fire rolled out on to Main st. (Beltline) and Police CID were in a tiney house behind the PD. Most of you were in diapers back then I'm sure. RPD SWAT have radios for every agency in Dallas & Collin Co. as RPD SWAT is elite and widely used by other agencies.

Garland has a Covert unit also, Check the DB for the TG-ID 37 something. in a sence all PD's have some sort of Auto Theft unit or High Crime Squad, which operate seperate from Main patrol channels.

SCPD

QRT
RESCUE4NFD said:
I seem to recall a small house behind RPD,I was a Dispatcher for RFD in the early 1980's...

If thats so, you and I have met in past years. Yeah, CID was in the rear house, that was when RPD was driving the BIG boxy Caprice and had that Smith & Wesson Lightbar. the jail had the roll around phone and got its meals from Braums accross the street. That was also back in the days that Richardson was a safe city to live in!!

Status
Not open for further replies.