Dallas Police talk groups on Dallas City Local Government System

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexTAC

Does anyone know if these police talk groups are active on the Dallas City Local Government System? They appear to be named similar to the Dallas Police conventional channels. I hear other talk groups on the City Government system using an SDS100 but never those police talk groups. I get Incident Command, Building Services, etc. but not Police. That system was rebranded ... could that be an issue for me not receiving them.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if these police talk groups are active on the Dallas City Local Government System? They appear to be named similar to the Dallas Police conventional channels. I hear other talk groups on the City Government system using an SDS100 but never those police talk groups. I get Incident Command, Building Services, etc. but not Police. That system was rebranded ... could that be an issue for me not receiving them.
As Tom's noted, rebanding did not affect the talkgroups at all. As long as you had the current primary & alternate control channels programmed, no special band plan was needed to continue monitoring the system. That's because all of the system frequencies has a number 5 in the fourth decimal place.

You will hear activity at times on the PDs Incident Command talkgroups. These are used when there is some sort of event, including the intermittent protest marches, requiring assignment of officers for traffic and crowd control. You'll also hear one of them in use for training exercises, when there are scenarios with high speeds involved, or simulated traffic & suspect stops.

There's been very little activity on the Deployment talkgroups lately. Previously, these were fairly busy with surveillance activities, or when there was an enhanced enforcement, with additional officers, on troublesome areas. I suspect that as the department is shorthanded, several hundred officers below desired levels, the officers that might have been used for deployment activities were instead assigned to patrol duty.

TexTAC

Thanks. I’ve heard incident command during protests and some training but never the police talk groups. Appreciate the response.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I’ve heard incident command during protests and some training but never the police talk groups. Appreciate the response.
I had the deployment groups programmed, but set as avoid. About ten days ago, a similar question came up, and I added deployment back in on one scanner. In that ten day time period, I got 20 hits on the two Southwest Patrol deployment TGIDs, 8 on South Central Patrol, and about 30 on Northwest Patrol. 'Back in the day', when those groups were in active use, you'd easily see more than that many hits in a single day. Note that I'm not seeing any activity on 4 of the patrol districts (Central, Northeast, North Central, & Southeast).

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed a few TGs posted with encryption perhaps those are the deployment TGs ? I would figure on the New Dallas P25 system that any DPD TGs would probably be encrypted ? Just a guess

Status
Not open for further replies.