Dallas Radio Upgrade Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedeb

Now all they gotta do is find the money. Guess I'll have to save up for new scanner or just forget it all together.

simplec6

Can anyone summarize or provide inside information on when any sort of switch will take place? Might need to buy some Motorola's for my feeds...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
From today's Dallas Morning News:

Dallas deal with Motorola has ‘pass-back’ that may hurt minority subcontractors.

Lazo Technologies, a minority-owned company, was supposed to get a $5.5 million slice of a $30 million contract for new Dallas police, fire and water department radios.

Full article here: Dallas deal with Motorola has

Note: This is tagged as "subscriber content", so unless you subscribe to the paper, you will not see the entire article.

2wayfreq

Looks like it will be APX7000 HTs and 7500 Mobiles most likely. Will Lazo be installing the radios in the Patrol units as well?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looks like it will be APX7000 HTs and 7500 Mobiles most likely. Will Lazo be installing the radios in the Patrol units as well?
Not from the way I read the article. Their portion of the project is to warehouse the new radios, and install the configuration software. Much of their "fee" will be returned to Motorola as payment for the software. I don't think they will do the actual installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.