Dallas related questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I have two quick questions here.. first off.. what are the Dallas PD Deployment Patrol TG's on the municipal trunk used for? Secondly I am trying to get listen to Dallas Municipal Trunk.. but if I have it as a Type 1 or Type 2 it gets a lot of invalid TG's. Is there a way to program it so I get both types of TG's under the one system? I have a 246T and there is only Type 1, Type 1 Splinter, Type 2, Type 2 Splinter as well at Type 2 900, Type 2 VHF and Type 2 UHF which doesn't matter for this. I know how to program the scanner just never have had to program a Hybrid system before.

Matt

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
2. You need to enter the system as a Type I and enter the fleetmap shown on the system page. The fleetmap includes both Type I and II fleet types, so if you enter that correctly, the TGID's will show up correctly.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Dallas Mun Trunk

UPMan said:
2. You need to enter the system as a Type I and enter the fleetmap shown on the system page. The fleetmap includes both Type I and II fleet types, so if you enter that correctly, the TGID's will show up correctly.

Hmm strange.. I tried the one that is listed here on RR but I am only getting Type I TG's and a lot of ones I am assuming invalid.

Matt

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, I have it programmed in my 996, but honestly don't watch it that closely, so there could be some bad info that I haven't noticed (I only scan that system when I drift over the line into Dallas County, and then I'm driving and listening, seldom watching the display).

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Dallas Mun Trunk

UPMan said:
Well, I have it programmed in my 996, but honestly don't watch it that closely, so there could be some bad info that I haven't noticed (I only scan that system when I drift over the line into Dallas County, and then I'm driving and listening, seldom watching the display).

Hmm I checked the Scanning the Dallas/Fort Worth Area web page and he has a different fleet map for them but again I tried it out I still only get the Type I tg's.

Matt

nd5y

Here is the fleet map that worked in my Pro-95.
I haven't listened to it for over a year so I don't know if the system has changed.

B0 8
B1 10
B2 0
B3 0
B4 0
B5 0
B6 12
B7 12

Back when I lived within listening range last year the only Type I stuff was Parks & Recreation and Traffic Engineering. Everything else was type II and worked in the Pro-95 withouht a fleet map. I couldn't figure it out but it looks like they have Type I and II talkgroups both in the same blocks or something.

The Police deployment talkgroups were used by detectives and other non-patrol special details.

Last edited:

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Fleetmap

nd5y said:
Here is the fleet map that worked in my Pro-95.
I haven't listened to it for over a year so I don't know if the system has changed.

B0 8
B1 10
B2 0
B3 0
B4 0
B5 0
B6 12
B7 12

Back when I lived within listening range last year the only Type I stuff was Parks & Recreation and Traffic Engineering. Everything else was type II and worked in the Pro-95 withouht a fleet map. I couldn't figure it out but it looks like they have Type I and II talkgroups both in the same blocks or something.

The Police deployment talkgroups were used by detectives and other non-patrol special details.

Thanks for the info.. the last two on RR are both 11.. I will give that one a try and see if it works.

Matt

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
mbstone99 said:
I have two quick questions here.. first off.. what are the Dallas PD Deployment Patrol TG's on the municipal trunk used for? Secondly I am trying to get listen to Dallas Municipal Trunk.. but if I have it as a Type 1 or Type 2 it gets a lot of invalid TG's. Is there a way to program it so I get both types of TG's under the one system? I have a 246T and there is only Type 1, Type 1 Splinter, Type 2, Type 2 Splinter as well at Type 2 900, Type 2 VHF and Type 2 UHF which doesn't matter for this. I know how to program the scanner just never have had to program a Hybrid system before.

Matt
The DPD deployment talkgroups are used for special enforcement operations. Occasionally buy/busts, street crimes enforcement where law enforcement presence is reinforced in a given area. Occasionally, I've heard surveilance traffic that sounds like patrol division level detectives. DPD does use "bait cars" for auto theft interdiction; believe that's transmitted as a "signal 80" on the regular patrol channel for the area involved. However, you sometimes have units on one of the deployment groups that seem to be monitoring these.

Five of the six patrol districts have deployment talkgroups shown in the database. The one that does not is Southwest, Channel 4 on the DPD Uhf frequencies. The 'citywide' group, 9088, once upon a time, somebody labeled as being used by the Tactical Division (DPD's SWAT team). In all the time I've had this system programmed, I've never heard any traffic on that group I'd even remotely call 'tactical'.

This system comes in the Uniden preloads as a Moto Type II rather than a Type II hybrid. I use it as a Type II. I've also created a file, in the past, as a hybrid, with the fleetmap. No difference for what I listen to. The only Type I groups are some Publics Works dept ones. All the PD groups, & the lone FD group, work fine setting the system as Type II and leaving it without a fleet map.

PM me with your email if you want a 246 *.usd file for this or any other local system,

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Dallas Mun

hiegtx said:
The DPD deployment talkgroups are used for special enforcement operations. Occasionally buy/busts, street crimes enforcement where law enforcement presence is reinforced in a given area. Occasionally, I've heard surveilance traffic that sounds like patrol division level detectives. DPD does use "bait cars" for auto theft interdiction; believe that's transmitted as a "signal 80" on the regular patrol channel for the area involved. However, you sometimes have units on one of the deployment groups that seem to be monitoring these.

Five of the six patrol districts have deployment talkgroups shown in the database. The one that does not is Southwest, Channel 4 on the DPD Uhf frequencies. The 'citywide' group, 9088, once upon a time, somebody labeled as being used by the Tactical Division (DPD's SWAT team). In all the time I've had this system programmed, I've never heard any traffic on that group I'd even remotely call 'tactical'.

This system comes in the Uniden preloads as a Moto Type II rather than a Type II hybrid. I use it as a Type II. I've also created a file, in the past, as a hybrid, with the fleetmap. No difference for what I listen to. The only Type I groups are some Publics Works dept ones. All the PD groups, & the lone FD group, work fine setting the system as Type II and leaving it without a fleet map.

PM me with your email if you want a 246 *.usd file for this or any other local system,

Wow thanks for all the information on the trunk. That explains what I have been hearing on those TG's. As for the USD file if you could email me it to mbstone99@yahoo.com I would very much appreciate it.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.