Dallas - Texas DPS crime task force round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmh77yy

The City of Dallas announced today that it has asked for DPS to return to Dallas for round 2 of the street crime task force. Many of you may recall DPS deployed in large numbers in Dallas performing both proactive patrols and undercover operations.

During the last operation DPS troopers assigned to this task force operated on a TG 60029 on the NCTCOG system which was patched to DPD UHF Ch. 12 (460.0). I also heard some DPS car to car simplex action on VHF analog 159.09.

They did not announce the exact date this will begin. Most of the units will be in Southeast (Pleasant Grove), South Central, and Northeast.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
If you are watching for Radio Ids on Unitrunker. State( including Tx DPS ) Tribal and Federal Agencies use the 5M series. 5000000 to 59999999.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
Listening to the protests downtown, and monitoring on UT. I'm seeing no activity from the DPS units/DPS air 1 (which are on scene). Possibly using something else? They arent using the old VHF freq's either

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dallas Air One is there. DPS would identify as DPS 101,

I have a scanner parked on DPD's channel 12, listening to Dallas PD's actions during the protest. I have that recording, just in case things go seriously south. There has been some looting, at least one person shot, and some DPD vehicles that have had their tires slashed.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
Dallas Air One is there. DPS would identify as DPS 101,

I have a scanner parked on DPD's channel 12, listening to Dallas PD's actions during the protest. I have that recording, just in case things go seriously south. There has been some looting, at least one person shot, and some DPD vehicles that have had their tires slashed.
I was trying to figure out where DPS was talking, but i figured out they're on their repeater and my XTS VHF antenna wasn't catching them from inside.... Need to get an adapter to plug it into the discone

BushDoctor

Listening to the protests downtown, and monitoring on UT. I'm seeing no activity from the DPS units/DPS air 1 (which are on scene). Possibly using something else? They arent using the old VHF freq's either
They are still lic on 37.18 I use to hear them in virginia on that freq when the band was open

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
They are still lic on 37.18 I use to hear them in virginia on that freq when the band was open
They have not used low band in the last few decades. Many agencies are keeping their old frequencies' licensing valid, but I suspect most no longer have a radio that can actually use that band.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
TG 60029 TX DPS Task Force is active on the Dallas Simulcast site today. Have noted some Tx DPS radio IDs. D-FW ISSI 5 is also broadcasting DPD Ch.12 on the FWRRS. Might indicate some Tarrant County folks are working on the Dallas side today.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
TG 60029 TX DPS Task Force is active on the Dallas Simulcast site today. Have noted some Tx DPS radio IDs. D-FW ISSI 5 is also broadcasting DPD Ch.12 on the FWRRS. Might indicate some Tarrant County folks are working on the Dallas side today.
Can corfirm, they just did a link test for NCTCOG to Ch.12

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It could be units from Irving and Grand Prairie. Even though Irving is in Dallas County, and Grand Prairie is in both Dallas & Tarrant, both are on FWRRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.