Dallas Texas police freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Dallas Texas police freq
I looked it up and it looks like there on still on analog is that true ?
Hi Jake

You are correct. At this time, all the Dallas Police Patrol divisions, and the majority of the other radio traffic, are still on conventional Uhf, analog, frequencies. That also applies to Dallas Fire Rescue.

Dallas PD does have some talkgroups on the Dallas Local Government trunked system, used for some specialized units, but these are analog as well.

Most of the larger suburbs are on various trunked systems, some digital, with a couple in the process of upgrading their current systems to P25 Phase II, probably within the next year or so.

n5ims

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
FYI: the same little birdie that clued me in on Metrocrest going to Harris mentioned that Dallas was getting ready to release a RFP for a P25 system. So it's coming, but it's several years out.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, I would say your "little birdy" got stuck in a time warp. Dallas has a 4 site simulcast P25 system installed for some time. Right now the water department is on it full time to verify coverage; a few other groups have also been heard, inducing some PD groups (though they moved back to the 800 Mhz system). Portables and mobiles have also been purchased; the portables have been distributed; not sure about the mobiles. I'm not sure what else an RFP would be needed for (unless like Tom said to finish the thing). I thought the whole thing was funded and they just haven't gotten to moving over the 800 MHz Moto LG system to P25, yet. That'll be a big job.

techguru

I hear NYC is still analog too. The bigger the city the more money needed to upgrade and smaller towns can't afford to upgrade, seems to mostly be middle sized cities getting the upgrade done.

Status
Not open for further replies.