Dalton Live Audio Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb4thw

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this has been asked, but...

I was attempting to monitor radio traffic about an auto accident in Dalton today when the feed was locked up by a ham radio user rag chewing for 5 or 10 minutes, thus making it impossible to hear anything about the accident. Has this concern been addressed before? As a ham myself, I appreciate the interest the volunteer scanner feeders have for ham repeaters, but I feel like the primary benefit of live audio feeds is to hear public service traffic from police, fire and EMS.

Ham traffic obviously can add some info during severe weather incidents, but years of monitoring experience has taught me that public service traffic is less casual, more concise, informative and less likely to monopolize the feed. Any thoughts?

nunyax

Although this thread would probably be better in the Live Audio Listener Support forum, I agree with you that public safety feeds should be just that, no ham. RR provides a seperate genre for amateur radio feeds.

There is another Georgia feed in Franklin County that combines public safety and ham.

Last edited:

kb4thw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for pointing out the alternate forum topic. I try to follow the rules, but I didn't go far enough up in the hierarchy to see that category. Is there a way to move a thread to another forum?

nunyax

Thanks for pointing out the alternate forum topic. I try to follow the rules, but I didn't go far enough up in the hierarchy to see that category. Is there a way to move a thread to another forum?

Hi,

I think a moderator would have to move it but it's no problem to post here since it is about a Georgia feed. I just thought that maybe a Live Audio Admin would see it there and could chime in.

I'd be curious to know if a new feed would be approved it was for both public safety and ham. I would think not but if it was first submitted as a public safety feed and approved, thereafter the admins have no control over it as the volunteer feed provider could change what they scan whenever they want (provided it doesn't violate RR's TOS.)

Status
Not open for further replies.