Danbury PD 453.8375 MHz and 458.8375 MHz???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I was looking through the FCC Database and happened to come across what looks like a new frequency for the Danbury PD 453.8375 MHz (WQKR250). It appears to be licensed to five different sites across Danbury which seem to match up with some of the Fire department transmitter sites. It appears to be repeaterized with 458.83750 MHz licensed to the mobiles. I'm wondering if this is being used as a secondary dispatch frequency?

Has anyone caught any traffic on this frequency??

It also looks like as of April 26th, 2010 they have requested a time extension.

Last edited:

MarkB513

Often I'm in the New Milford area on the weekends and I've had that programmed for a while and have not heard a thing. I do receive the current UHF police and fire frequencies loud and clear, so I'm assuming that would be as well...

GarudDog

Hi my name is Harold and i live in danbury ct.i'll be look'n in on this frequency of 453.8375 and 458.8375.i wil let you know what i here.i'm in the danbury vol.fire dept.as a vol.firefighter.i know that this is not a fire dept frequency.i'll will see if its a danbury pd ch.if you put in are tac.ch.you my here from time to time danbury pd will use them to for dwi check's post's.if this is a fire dept frequenc.the only thing that i can thank of.it by be use by fire police.will i'll will and fine out.GuardDog.

cvpiradio

The 458.8375 would be the mobile input frequency and the 453.8375 would be the repeater output frequency. I am betting there are using this pair to replace WPXV599's frequencies in order to do the narrowband upgrade and add more sites for better coverage of the town. The current WPXV599 has only two sites listed in the FCC database. The new one WQKR250 has five sites and I sure that will be a big improvement in coverage. I only hope however that they don't go to a NAC tone with those new frequencies. DPL or PL tone would be fine with me!

W2NJS

Why would they be using an NAC? An NAC means that they're using digital, not analog, FM and you're not likely to run into that on a 453/458 pair though it is possible.

Cskib32087

I would guess if it is a new system that they will go digital and follow all the other UHF & VHF PDs that have upgraded in the last few years. With Danbury I would guess 100% 24/7 encryption also.
Digital is very common in any frequency range as that is the future of the industry.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone ever ID this 453.8375 freq? It is not listed in the RR Database.

The DB does have all of the other freqs that are in the FCC ULS (except for just the Library Security portables on 458.45).

KB1UAM

The 458.8375 is just the frequency for the input transmitting. The output frequency is what you want which is 453.837. You wont hear much on the input frequency unless your nearby someone transmitting.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone hear anything on 453.8375 in the Danbury area?

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I doubt it's going to be P-25, the license only has narrow band analog in it. I do know that there has been issues with East Fishkill in N.Y. on 460.55 for many years with cross interference. Last year East Fishkill had removed that frequency from their LTR system and gone back to a simple repeater.(now listed as an OPS) They could be building a simulcast analog system, I'll have to program it into my mobile with P-25 and analog and listen.

JS11581

Its analog... 453.8375 (DPL 734) I heard quick chatter on there and a couple of keys ups of the mic loud and clear here in the south end of Danbury. Still trying to figure out whose on there. I'll just have to keep monitoring.

JS11581

It's Danbury PD "Tactical-1" channel. They are using it right now for the fireworks at Candlewood Lake.

Last edited:

APX7500X2

Its been up on Danbury hospital for about 4 years now. They use it now and then, They used it the last few years for special events and once 8 months ago or so when the main channel went down for a few hours.
Sometimes the cars jump to it to BS a little

Status
Not open for further replies.