Danbury Radio System Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
From the Danbury NewsTimes, with all the development going on in the western portion of the city a new police substation and ambulance building will be created along with a upgrade of the radio system to resolve spotty coverage issues.

But poor radio coverage has been an ongoing problem on the west side and needs to be fixed before officers can move into the substation, he said.

“For years, radio coverage has been spotty in pockets of the west side, which can compromise officers and public safety,” Ridenhour said.

The fire department has already upgraded its radio system.

“We’re playing catch-up,” he said.

But Mayor Joe Cavo said firefighters told him the project would benefit fire and emergency medical services’ communications, too.

“It should help a lot of the problems that are there,” he said.

Council member Ben Chianese called the upgrades a “much needed asset” to the west side, but asked whether it would help the Aunt Hack Road area, which he said has had radio issues in the past. The road is about three miles from the Summit.

“To be perfectly honest, I’m not sure if it will improve there,” Ridenhour told him. “If it’s on the west side, there should probably be some improvement. That’s the overall goal of this project, is to improve the overall reception on the west side. And given the proximity to the Summit, I would hope that it would make better communications there.”

Motorola Solutions plans to install an ultra-high frequency, IP analog simulcast system with transmit and receive systems at WLAD, Danbury Hospital and Abbey Woods. Norcom CT will handle the antenna, according to documents submitted to City Council.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
From the Danbury NewsTimes, with all the development going on in the western portion of the city a new police substation and ambulance building will be created along with a upgrade of the radio system to resolve spotty coverage issues.

So I wonder if that means I won't hear them anymore from my location. I am pretty far away from them but I can pick them up most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.