Danbury Township Fire and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing that Danbury Fire and EMS was leaving the Ottawa County's P25 system in favor of a UHF conventional system. I can still hear them on the P25 with the county clearing the call but tonight I caught them on 454.05MHZ with a 445 tone. I submitted it. They are using a Ray's Electronics system.

pdale

I read in the Danbury Township meeting minutes that they sold a handful of their 800 radios to Elmore., OH. What might cause them to leave P25 and go to conventional UHF? Perhaps they are getting the coverage they need without the cost of the Ottawa County system? Whatever, I've been monitoring for a few days and haven't heard of any other OC Townships doing the same.

HoytKlagwell

Premium Subscriber
What I've heard is with Davis Besse possibly closing and First Energy no longer handing out money for the county's 800 system the county is starting to charge those who use the 800 system. Supposedly Ohio MARCS does not have good coverage in Danbury so going with Ray's Electronics UHF analog was a better fit. Several FD's and PD's in the county have been on the UHF analog system from Ray's for years.
I thought that there was a user minimum per frequency for an 800 trunked system. I seriously doubt the county would meet the requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.