Dane Co - Sheriff Records/Data traffic on EMS channel E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglaz

I'm hearing what sounds like officers talking to the Dane County Records/Data dispatcher on channel E, though I'm not hearing the dispatcher responding on that frequency. I've been hearing this for the past few hours. Anyone else noticing this?

CPFD25

What you were probably hearing was "skip" from what I was hearing it was from up north with mention of "pamida" stores as quotes on there. Never did catch where it was but the best guess was up north. The band openings on VHF were great last weekend due to the high humidity and the high heat. I am a fire fighter and Ems member so scan the county quite a bit, also a ham operator so I was talking on repeaters from Iowa and Indiana last wekend. Other channels that were doing it were the county paging channel and "C" charlie channel.

Justin
KC9IWG
CPFD/CPEMS

biglaz

Yup, probably. Maybe even coming out of Michigan. I had just gotten of of a plane so I wasn't paying too much attention.

I seem to recall a year or two ago where they had the "C" repeater input set to carrier-squelch and they were getting a large amount of skip on the frequency. I'm not sure if that is what was happening in this case or if it was just on the output frequency.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.