Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this is the same frequency that is causing interference on our PD channel as we are only several counties over.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if this is the same frequency that is causing interference on our PD channel as we are only several counties over.

If that`s the case then it`s a case of desensing of the radio`s "front-end" or reciever, know that it takes a lot of power to do that, but i`ve seen it happen from time to time with ham radios and repeaters (the radio was ether too near the transmitting source or the repeater was putting out enough power to "suck out" the signal from the reciever, this would appear to the listener as if the radio simply quit recieving, and once the offending signal was gone it would start again like nothing happened). I gotta wonder if they`ll try to ether have the WISCOM boys change freqs on one or more sites to mabey fix this, or have Dane County try to resolve it. One of the groovier things about Amateur Radio, if we have something like this happen, we usually know who/what is causing the problem, and usually the person/entitiy responsible fixes it :). N9NRA

Funny how Dane County didn't mention about causing interference to the State's system in the recent past or the cooperative steps taken (mostly at the expense of the State) to resolve it. The State didn't go run to the Governor's office to have a press release put out about it and smear it into a poorly written mess.

Maybe they should from now on since apparently Dane can't play nice in the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.