Danica Patrick Nascar Nationwide Series Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

critter449

I am going to be going to the Race in June in New Hampshire which Danica is scheduled to race at. I want to bring along my scanner and listen to her radio communications. Has anyone heard Danica at any of the Nascar Nationwide Series Races that she has raced at so far. I have done some searching and found that

461.3375 and 464.700 are assigned to her but I was looking to see if anyone had any definite frequencies for Danica for the Nascar Nationwide Series.

Thank you.

W2NJS

I have heard that some race teams have switched to MotoTrbo digital comms, which require 1.) a TRBO receiver and, 2.) the proper coding setup. Frequencies as stated above would remain the same but all you will hear of a TRBO transmission is a low-pitched "motorboating" sound.

The TRBO radios are capable or regular analog FM as well as TRBO, so the choice is the team's to make.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
The teams Are Not using MotoTurbo for their race communications. The Nascar Officials are using it for some communications but not all. You can still hear the crew chiefs talking to the drivers while on the track, and you can still hear the "tower" or race control comms. I have noticed that some crew chiefs now wear two radios, fed into one headset, who they are communicating with on the second radio is anyones guess, and these radios could be MotoTurbo. Check out the Nascar Officials, some also have two radios on their belts.

critter449

Confirmed Danica Patrick Frequency

I was just at the Nascar Nationwide race in Loudon NH and can confirm that Danica Patrick driving the #7 godaddy.com car was using the following frequencies.

461.3375 Primary

466.3375 Secondary

Viper43

I have heard that some race teams have switched to MotoTrbo digital comms, which require 1.) a TRBO receiver and, 2.) the proper coding setup. Frequencies as stated above would remain the same but all you will hear of a TRBO transmission is a low-pitched "motorboating" sound.

The TRBO radios are capable or regular analog FM as well as TRBO, so the choice is the team's to make.

Teams are NOT allowed to use anything but "in the clear" transmissions. This is to keep things level and also so NASCAR can talk directly to the teams. NASCAR officials use TRBO because
1: they are above their OWN rules
2: they don't want scanner listeners hear when they screw up a call

Not sure who is telling you teams are using TRBO but they are wrong

V

Status
Not open for further replies.