Danville PD goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
What a chief, a bonus he says people can't listen. Maybe it's just digital clear someone would need to verify.

CVASSB

According to the database, this may be from late 2015. Please correct me if I made a mistake. If there are different frequencies, please add them to the Danville, Virginia databases. Thank you.

W4UVV

Danville latest licenses

Danville, the city government that never can have enough radio frequencies. Here's their latest licenses possibly intended in part to add monitoring security to their comms using NXDN trunked. They also can go "private" mode.

FCC links:

WQWU446:
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQWU446 - DANVILLE, CITY OF

WQWU959:
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQWU959 - DANVILLE, CITY OF

WQWW659
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQWW659 - DANVILLE, CITY OF

John
W4UVV

Drumbum

Guess I need to make a trip down there and see what the system is about,, I hate going there though I lived there before

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I wonder are they going to keep their DMR dispatch or migrate over to the KW crap completely.

I know the DMR channels have excellent coverage. I pick them up clear up here sometimes and all over Roanoke and Troutville.

Drumbum

Well they were conventional before, the KW radios I understand with do p25 DMR and NXDN simultaneously according to KW 5000 web page, I can't pick up at my house in Lynchburg I'm in a bottom

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Well I suppose that would solve that problem then. Hopefully their luck is better with KW than out here which is a disaster.

155.295 I believe it is, is very strong and when I get it up here its that freq that I get. The 159.930 I only get in the Roanoke area.

Drumbum

I should have said with same radio, the way I made it sound is the could transmit all at same time, the new frequencys are in the 400mhz ,are you hearing DMR on their 100mhz frquencys they had?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I should have said with same radio, the way I made it sound is the could transmit all at same time, the new frequencys are in the 400mhz ,are you hearing DMR on their 100mhz frquencys they had?

Yes.
Fire rescue is on two channels and both are Mototrbo. 155.295 and 159.930

I haven't been down Roanoke way since the end of December but was picking them up fine then.

I rarely pick them up here but now and again something comes through. Probably atmospherics or something as I'm in a cesspit for reception usually.

Very good coverage over wide area.

Hate to see so many giving up VHF for UHF considering how much poorer it makes things especially with the whole narrowbanding thing degrading performance even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.