Dare County analog trunk system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Is this system still in use by anyone? When I was at KDH this week, I heard nothing but what seemed to be failsoft beeps on three of the freqs.

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Not sure exactly the system you are referring to but I know it was never for emergency usage; possibly for public works or something similar. I never scanned it so I'm unsure. Due to it's geography, Dare used/uses wireless for much of it's backhaul so many systems down here are for that purpose only so it could possibly be that (although backhaul usually doesn't involve trunking to my knowledge).

In other words, I don't think it's in use anymore and if it is, there's nothing interesting on there anyway. Everything is migrating to their P25 system.

EDIT: I don't see it listed anymore in the database and I will add a lot of agencies that used to use radios now use cell phones (aka most town public works depts)

kc4jgc

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Last year there were only 4 talk groups, all belonging to the school system, 3 of those were transportation (school busses). I too noticed that the schools have migrated to the P25 system and that the analog system had been deleted from the RRDB. I'm asking before I delete this system from my scanner, What puzzles me is if no one is using it any more, why would the county keep it up with the failsoft tones? A waste of $$. Anyone interested can get the freqs at www.geocities.ws/scanseva/dare.html .

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Oh okay, I know what system you are talking about. Yes that was the old County school system for the buses and yes they have fully moved over to the P25 system now. I'm not sure about the tones but I am pretty sure it's not used anymore, at least not by the original user.

Status
Not open for further replies.