Dare County National Park Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
"Rumor has it" that the NPS may implement digital modulation on the three Hatteras Island repeaters as early as this coming week.

The repeaters are located at Hatteras, Buxton and Bodie Island.

Some public safety personnel on Hatteras Island currently monitor NPS communications, enabling them to sometimes get a head-start when ems / fire response is needed within the National Seashore.

There is a concern that the change-over will slow their response to these incidents.

Any reports regarding digital communications, and NAC codes being used by the NPS on Hatteras Island or the facilities in the northern portion of Dare County would be appreciated.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I'll monitor in September with the 396. Is there any other radio news in the outer banks for the vacation season? Any VIPER activity yet?

Also, does anyone have fire tone-out data for Dare, specifically the tri-village fire and EMS stations?

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
Viper in Eastern NC and Outer Banks

ocguard said:
I'll monitor in September with the 396. Is there any other radio news in the outer banks for the vacation season? Any VIPER activity ?

I just returned from there and posted a log of findings. We have a place near Kitty Hawk so I'm there a lot....

Last week when we were there the only Viper that's active down there is NC Highway Patrol. Everything else is where it's always been, VHF-hi & UHF. Didn't get a chance to monitor much of the Parks guys though I did catch a few quick transmissions in the clear on the 164mhz frequencies.....I'll be back there a week from this Wednesday...more then cause I'll have my PC along & can post while I monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.