Dare, Hyde and Tyrrell Regional Communications Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Mark your calendar for Monday, April 3 at 2:00 p.m. and plan to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new Regional Emergency Communications Center serving Dare, Hyde and Tyrrell counties and the Dare County Emergency Operations Center. The building is located at 370 Airport Road in Manteo, across from the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island.

Dare, Hyde and Tyrrell are the first three counties in North Carolina to consolidate emergency 911 communications. Once calls are dispatched from the new facility, 911 staff will be communicating with over 50 agencies to provide emergency services in a three county area that covers approximately 3,400 miles. The average number of calls has been estimated at 153,000 per year or one call every 30 seconds.

The new building also provides administrative offices for Dare County EMS, Dare County Emergency Management, the Dare County Fire Marshal, and serves as the Dare County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), where agencies come together to work during emergency response and recovery operations, such as hurricanes.

Following the ribbon cutting ceremony at 2:00 p.m., tour the building and enjoy light refreshments. For more information, call Dorothy Hester at 252-475-5903.

Dare County, NC : Dare County News

------

I wish I was down to take a tour...

jsncrso

KN4ZVZ
Feed Provider
Will this affect anything scanner/radio-wise? From what I've gleaned, it's just consolidating dispatching and nothing else.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Will this affect anything scanner/radio-wise? From what I've gleaned, it's just consolidating dispatching and nothing else.

Nothing will change scanner wise, except Hyde will have a new VHF paging frequency when the 5 simulcast VHF sites are completed. More on that to follow later.

Status
Not open for further replies.