DarkIce RasPi

Status
Not open for further replies.

scary812

I have followed countless how to's and read lots of threads. I was still unable to get Rasibian Jessie to properly work with Darkice. I even followed Stefans directions. FAIL!

has anyone found a updated guide? Jessie version of Rasbian OS is a bit different.

I'd like to get this feed off of Windows ASAP, but problem after problem with the Pi.

DC31

Feed Provider
I have followed countless how to's and read lots of threads. I was still unable to get Rasibian Jessie to properly work with Darkice. I even followed Stefans directions. FAIL!

has anyone found a updated guide? Jessie version of Rasbian OS is a bit different.

I'd like to get this feed off of Windows ASAP, but problem after problem with the Pi.

What type of failures are you experiencing? Have you successfully started a stream even once?

DC31

Feed Provider
I just tried it, but when I start streaming and listen to the feed, its all buzz and garbled, but mostly Garbled.

So, you have actually started a stream? If so, that is progress. Now to sort out your audio quality issue.

1. Are your audio jacks firmly plugged in to the radio and the sound card?

2. Are you plugged in to the mic or line in jack on the sound card?

3. Try plugging earbuds or a speaker in to the radio output jack. Are you getting the sound you expect there?

4. Try adjusting your radio output volume down or maybe even up.

5. Does your audio sound like chipmunks (too fast) or very low (too slow)?

scary812

So, you have actually started a stream? If so, that is progress. Now to sort out your audio quality issue.

1. Are your audio jacks firmly plugged in to the radio and the sound card?

2. Are you plugged in to the mic or line in jack on the sound card?

3. Try plugging earbuds or a speaker in to the radio output jack. Are you getting the sound you expect there?

4. Try adjusting your radio output volume down or maybe even up.

5. Does your audio sound like chipmunks (too fast) or very low (too slow)?

I have tested the audio Jack and its firm, when I plug the same cable into a windows machine - no issues. I am plugged into the proper jack (MIC)
I even tested audio volume, no effect
My radio just sounds like a Buzz- constantly.

alextuttle

I have tested the audio Jack and its firm, when I plug the same cable into a windows machine - no issues. I am plugged into the proper jack (MIC)
I even tested audio volume, no effect
My radio just sounds like a Buzz- constantly.
Is there ferrite beads on your line cable?
Those two beads helped my signal out with the line laying next to my other electronics.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.