Darlington County, S.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4uxm

What has happened to Darlington County Sheriffs Dept. , City of Darlington PD, Hartsville PD, Etc.comms.? Only heard now is Darlington County fire and Darco ambulances. Have done multiple database updates recently with no joy. Has Darlington County joined Florence County and Florence PD public safety comms. and switched on encryption? BTW, all Palmetto 800 SCHP Troop communications are heard fine.

kd4uxm

Question Darlington County, S.C.

Thanks TBD2347 for the reply. Tried that too, with no success. Tried on two different radios of known working order. A Radio Shack Pro-96 and a Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP. that the frequency database is updated every Monday evening. Sure seems like something has changed. One day heard fine... next day gone.

TBD2347

On the BCD536HP are you getting a DAT symbol on the bottom while searching to make sure it's picking up the control channel on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hey folks -

You need to remember that during this time of transition from one radio system to another, lots of things change. The RR Database is not necessarily complete or accurate. We depend on scanner listeners to submit accurate data to be added to the database- there is no master list we're provided in secret that contains all the data.

If you are not able to hear what you want to hear, check the database first. You will likely have to update your scanner manually to get the latest data as scanner software updates happen only once a week. I update data each day, assuming new information has been submitted.

In the specific case of Darlington County, I had failed to change the trunked system links on the county database page from Palmetto 800 to Palmetto P25. I just made that correction a few minutes ago. That could mean that your software gave you outdated data, and will continue to do so until the software providers push the next weekly update.

A little less than half the state is now on Palmetto P25, including Darlington County. It's possible the control channel frequency of the Darlington site has changed and that information has not been submitted to the database. Program all frequencies for each site and then submit the correct frequency, if it's not listed accurately in the database.

radioman170

Palmetto( P25)

Looks like Darlington has updated to the P25 system. Still not picking up Darlington City PD but every things else looks to be go. Also SCHP updated also.

Status
Not open for further replies.