• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dashcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Not really scanner related...but can anybody recommend a decent dash cam mount? I was looking at one made by RAM, but the problem with it was that the mounting surface has to be flat..and the only flat surface on the dash of my car isn't something that I want to drill 4 holes into. I've seen the poles that mount into the floor and are telescopic..but not sure where to buy.

fineshot1

I know this sounds like an el-cheapo way out but have you thought of using super velcro on the dash and dash cam device. It may need to be replaced after a year or two due to the excessive heat and cold fluctuations but it does work and like you said its better than drilling holes on top of your dash board.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
yorkphotog said:
I've seen the poles that mount into the floor and are telescopic..but not sure where to buy.
Go back to RAM's web site and take a look at the in-vehicle computer mounts. Most of those come as package deals with the floor mount, the pole, and the computer holder all in one kit, but you can get just the parts you need and piece together a floor-mounted camera mount. If you have a vehicle that RAM has a no-holes floor mount for, all the better.

I have a RAM computer mount and a RAM GPS mount in my Ford Expedition. I'm very happy with their products and their system can accomodate a number of different configurations.

k9rzz

I shot this with the camera just sitting on a pair of gloves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6HzQ71FBN4

Granted, I'm not pulling 3/4 G while driving, but it was pretty stable for driving around the neighborhood.

I had pretty good luck simply using a tripod straddling the front of the passenger seat, and using a strap between that and the front of that seat, to pull down, securing the tripod. The problem was that it's not right at the windshield, but neither are the cams mounted on roll cages either.

It all depends upon how aggressive you're driving will be when taping. Care to clue us in??

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I don't need it for racing or anything.. I'm a TV newsguy, and I'd like to have a dashcam for shooting storms, bad drivers, etc.

I'm glad to hear that RAM makes decent products.. there are a couple of things from them that I plan to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.