DASO on Las Cruces EDACS?

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to figure out if the two DASO TGs on the LC EDACS system get any use. The south channel TG 02-044 seems to be throwing out blank carrier most of the time, so I've set that to avoid anyway.

I've heard quite a bit of DASO traffic on the county conventional frequencies, so I haven't paid much attention the EDACS TGs.

I guess I'm just wondering the proper/best way to monitor DASO.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I thought Texas was the last location for this old system. Temple, Texas used to operate on analog EDACS. Later, they went to PV. In this area, there is one of a few remaining EDACS system that has PV talk groups.

I don't see any PV groups on the EDACS system in question. However, the same can be said for Copperas Cove. I frequently listen to this city, but they are using PV. I don't believe the RR DB has been updated to reflect PV usage.

I looked at the NM DTRS and found a site in Dona Ana County.

I wonder if this county joined NM DTRS. Just food for thought.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I was in LC recently and DASO doesn't operate on the LC EDACS for day to day operations. DASO is conventional for now but sounds like they will join the NM DTRS once it is ready for them.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I was in LC recently and DASO doesn't operate on the LC EDACS for day to day operations. DASO is conventional for now but sounds like they will join the NM DTRS once it is ready for them.
I was definitely hearing that conventional traffic. Just weird that I was hearing so much blank carrier on that DASO TG on the EDACS system. I didn't want to set it to avoid if it meant I would miss something. Thanks!

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Currently DASO does have a patch on the EDACS system. I think so city can hear the SO guys around the city. The county is in the process of moving to the state system and the city is planning on replacing the EDACS with a new Harris P25 system. There are a lot of patches on the EDACS system. County Fire has a few, DASO, NMSU Fire, NMSU Police use to have a patch not sure its still up, MED 10 is patched on the EDACS. Few others. They sure like there patches down south.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. Well those sheriff's office patches on the Las Cruces system never carried any traffic that I could hear. A lot of open carrier, though. I just set it to avoid and moved on. I could still hear the sheriff's office on the county system.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Currently DASO does have a patch on the EDACS system. I think so city can hear the SO guys around the city. The county is in the process of moving to the state system and the city is planning on replacing the EDACS with a new Harris P25 system. There are a lot of patches on the EDACS system. County Fire has a few, DASO, NMSU Fire, NMSU Police use to have a patch not sure its still up, MED 10 is patched on the EDACS. Few others. They sure like there patches down south.
Exactly this.
The talkgroup exists solely so that it CAN be patched for interop. Its one button on the console used for the patches, at least it was last time i was there.

There are a bunch of permanent patches. LCFD 5 is permanently patched to state fire simplex, LCFD 7 was permanantly patched to DAC fire tac 7 repeater (although i havent had my scanner lock up on the LCFD 7 when i know theres traffic on VHF 7, so that patch may have been removed recently), NMSU's fire channel is patched to... something. TG357 is supposed to be patched to NMSP VHF channel 4, AMR's TG is patched to Med 10

However, the way that the systems are integrated, MRVDA or the El Paso regional PSAP can create patches on the fly. In theory MVRDA can patch any VHF channel they have normal access to, to any TG on the EDACS system. And El Paso can create any patch on their new P25 system or the old analog trunked system to a few interop TG's on the EDACS system.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Wow, I thought Texas was the last location for this old system. Temple, Texas used to operate on analog EDACS. Later, they went to PV. In this area, there is one of a few remaining EDACS system that has PV talk groups.

I don't see any PV groups on the EDACS system in question. However, the same can be said for Copperas Cove. I frequently listen to this city, but they are using PV. I don't believe the RR DB has been updated to reflect PV usage.

I looked at the NM DTRS and found a site in Dona Ana County.

I wonder if this county joined NM DTRS. Just food for thought.
No PV at all. All analog voice.
There was a large commitment to keeping this system in operation. There is a huge stockpile of parts and infrastructure at a few county warehouses, and the city and county have techs very familiar with it.

There IS expected migration to the state system in the next few years, but for now, this EDACS analog system is pretty robust. It doesnt cover the northern part of the county as well as they want, so county fire and SO are still on VHF. it DOES cover the southern part of the county well enough for police/sheriff/fire use, and sunland park migrated their PD and Fire over to it.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
LCFD 7 was permanantly patched to DAC fire tac 7 repeater (although i havent had my scanner lock up on the LCFD 7 when i know theres traffic on VHF 7, so that patch may have been removed recently),

i was wrong about this, there was a structure fire call today, and i heard the county traffic on both the EDACS tac 7 and the VHF tac 7

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Correction: My statements about Copperas Cove using PV were inaccurate. I traveled to Austin in the very recent past & heard them coming CPPD coming in loud & proud. When time allows, I will update this system.

RobDLG

As I noted in another discussion, I've been hearing DASO on Las Cruces EDACS.

Here is a summary of the county Talkgroups I've encountered on the air, including "Tac 7" already mentioned above, but excluding 04-022.

AFS​
Alpha Tag​
Frequency​
04-027​
DASO 1
154.430​
04-030​
DASO 3
151.310​
04-050​
DACFD County
154.175​
04-051​
DACFD Tac 7
151.205​

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
Oh damn, the database doesn’t have station 7 or 8.
Don’t ask me how I’ve never noticed that. I’ll deal with that later this week b

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Was at a training today in sunland park. Exclusively Sunland Park PD and FD are using the Viking VP5000 currently on VHF.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
494 is light 1. 495 is in the radios for alerting, but i havent seen it used, but i think you're right that its for light 2.