Data Base Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskidz

Is the data base down?
For the last two days when I click on data base or any links in the same bar nothing opens.
Thanks GOD BLESS

DonS

Is the data base down?
For the last two days when I click on data base or any links in the same bar nothing opens.

Are you clicking on "Database" in the bar or letting the little sub-menu drop down then clicking "Database Home"? The only "main bar" items that actually go anywhere on their own are "Home" and "Submit Info".

(Personally, I think that "Database" should not have a sub-menu and should take us straight to the DB, similar to how "Home" and "Submit Info" work now. With only one item, the sub-menu seems somewhat pointless. If/when there are multiple items under "Database", a sub-menu would be appropriate. It reminds me of an old admonition from English teachers when describing how to create an "outline"... if you have an "A", you must have a "B".)

bezking

Are you clicking on "Database" in the bar or letting the little sub-menu drop down then clicking "Database Home"? The only "main bar" items that actually go anywhere on their own are "Home" and "Submit Info".

(Personally, I think that "Database" should not have a sub-menu and should take us straight to the DB, similar to how "Home" and "Submit Info" work now. With only one item, the sub-menu seems somewhat pointless. If/when there are multiple items under "Database", a sub-menu would be appropriate. It reminds me of an old admonition from English teachers when describing how to create an "outline"... if you have an "A", you must have a "B".)
I think it's for the admins, for us there is another link to the database admin page.

DonS

I think it's for the admins, for us there is another link to the database admin page.

Ah - that makes sense. To mere mortals like me, it looks "funny".

I'd bet there's a way to do it as I described (given that there is, obviously, a way to dynamically show / hide sub-menu items). DB Admins would see a sub-menu with two items, mortals wouldn't see a sub-menu (but the main bar would take us to "Database Home").

Probably not worth the hassle, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.