data base

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcockfred

having problems on the 800 will not load c1 disp 1 on the Houston p-25 . help! it will load all the rest of the c1 channels

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Thread moved to GRE forum since this is not a problem with the database.

adcockfred

thanks, mike for steering me straight. let me expand a little on the reason I ran into this c1 problem. there are probably not very many 800 out here in the field every night, much less any driver that can even begin to work one. so when the MA layer goes down I run around stuffing my pockets. the MA goes down more often than the old 800 Houston system, but that is what happened, so I could only get that C 1 channel on the 197 on the 700 digital .

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your thread again. I assume you were talking about a PSR-800 scanner when you said 800. I've dumped it in the Texas forum now hopefully you'll get an answer there.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
thanks, mike for steering me straight. let me expand a little on the reason I ran into this c1 problem. there are probably not very many 800 out here in the field every night, much less any driver that can even begin to work one. so when the MA layer goes down I run around stuffing my pockets. the MA goes down more often than the old 800 Houston system, but that is what happened, so I could only get that C 1 channel on the 197 on the 700 digital .

So, you ARE talking about a PSR-800?

adcockfred

Yes sir I am . PSR-800 . ever night I get close to that down town tower. the main goal is to get which ever channel is working on the record. because the audio is so poor and the dispatcher and unit know where they are, so it is a game to get the female dispatcher to talk slow enough so we can understand her. so you see where the record becomes important. tonight I am focusing on the state, which is the only agency that is working .

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
He is a wrecker driver. Not many other drivers have the PSR800 not would they know how to operate one. Somehow this translates into increased revenue for him because he can chase calls from Constable Precinct 1 while other drivers are stuck with the open HPD/HFD FDMA talkgroups on GGSL. He also seems to think GGSL goes off the air more often than the old analog PWE system did, which would leave him stuck with only Precinct 1 on his Pro-197.

adcockfred

well yeah I have been known for loading way down yonder in the paw_paw patch . one night I chased jaws of hpd into Colorado county on b6 tac 2. lately whenever a ma channel goes down it seems to be aconsole problem or at least that is what the dispatchers say just one channel . so they can tell when they are not simulcasting. also on our receiving end temperature inversion seems to cut us off on the ma . I am pretty sure that it will always be like this. hfd kept there old u towers. what are odds of us getting a simulcast of narrow off of them? or will there be no push till the old Houston system goes down in 15

Status
Not open for further replies.