Data basse question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I am new here and have played with the database and have a few questions. I am trying to come up witha way my BearCat 796D with Railroad frequencies. I went to the page of my home state (CT) and used the pull down menu and selected Railroads. I got quite a few frequencies. Interested most in Providence And Worecester. I then went to the Mass. page and did the same thing but I got no hits for the P&W. Since Mass is that RR's home state why were there no frequencies listed in Mass?

I am also trying to get as many frequencies programmed as I can. I first thought was taking one full bank, programming it with all AAR frequencies and tagging the channel with which railroads used it. BUT, what an undertaking that was. So I then thought of taking a bank and dedicating it to a certain RR; ie BNSF AMTRK, NS, CSX, New England Area RR (my home area). My problem is finding all the frequencies that a particular RR uses. The database here is great but I would have to search all 50 states to get my complete list. Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Kevin

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The database only contains those frequencies that have been submitted by the users. So, if it does not have a complete list, then users have to submit updates.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Kevin, I wonder if you should throw this question out to the members in the Railroad/Railfan Monitoring forum here at RadioReference?
Maybe someone has a complete list of tagging and could send you a file that could be imported into your scanner.

Not sure if you have these tagged in your scanner, but I found these:

Providence & Worcester
160.650 -- [AAR channel 36] -- road
160.890 -- [AAR channel 52] -- road
161.100 -- [AAR channel 66] -- road

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
If you were to obtain a listing of what railroads use what frequency nationwide, you will wind up with is a huge list of repeating frequencies as there is only 97 AAR Frequencies.

cecile1949

I am looking for the Alton Illinois city police reference number. I can't find it. I got new scanner yesterday and I immediately erase the data base not knowing what I was doing. It is a digital trunking desktop mobile radio. Can someone help me?

cecile1949

I am looking for the Alton Illinois city police reference number. I can't find it. I got new scanner yesterday and I immediately erase the data base not knowing what I was doing. It is a digital trunking desktop mobile radio. Can someone help me?

I need help finding Alton Illinois Madison county information for my digital trunking desktop mobile radio. can someone help me find the Alton police call letters? Can you tell there is a lot I have to learn about scanners and this site?

cecile1949

I have reference numbers for the Alton Police. Thank you all for that. I have two scanners now. Do the frequencies listed in the database work for all scanners? I have the Pro 405 and a digital trunking pro 197. If so, how do I put it into them? Please remember I know very little about scanners. I programed in the reference code for the police here but did not understand the last part (157.6? pl ). I saved the main number and I get nothing from it. Do I need to program it into a special group since it is a public service number? Where and how please, do I do this?
Thanks so much for all your patience and knowledge.
Cecile

Status
Not open for further replies.