Data decoded in Jaero but not in Scytale-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigl00z3

I have started to try to monitor L-Band frequencies. So far it's working fine in Jaero, but nothing is read in Scytale-C.

Regarding my current setup:
The signal I get are as shown in the below screenshot.

Any idea what could be wrong? Is my signal just too weak and the antenna needs changing?
I have tried different versions of Scytale-C (v1.4.0.3 and v1.4.01) just in case ( I read some users had issues with the current version)
As I am new to SatCom monitoring it may be something pretty basic I have missed.
Any help is welcome. If you need more info or if something is not clear, let me know.

Nico

Scytale-C 1.png

bigl00z3

Do your self a favor and look up Tekmanoid! I just got it today and I am getting all kinds of information.

That's my plan, just want to make sure my setup will be sufficient before. If I need to upgrade before I will wait until I get a new antena.
Once tests are successful I would like to get it.

Patriot2120

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
Scytale-C can not decode ACARS messages. Only STDC messages.
Exit Jaero, retune SDRuno for STDC frequency and Scytale will start to do its thing.
I bought both paid decoders thinking they would give more messages or more details than Scytale and after running all three side by side I can say that there is no difference in the decode rate. The paid ones work just as well as Scytale. In fact, I prefer Scytale for its map. Very nice feature.

bigl00z3

Scytale-C can not decode ACARS messages. Only STDC messages.
Exit Jaero, retune SDRuno for STDC frequency and Scytale will start to do its thing.
I bought both paid decoders thinking they would give more messages or more details than Scytale and after running all three side by side I can say that there is no difference in the decode rate. The paid ones work just as well as Scytale. In fact, I prefer Scytale for its map. Very nice feature.

Ok @thebaldgeek Thanks for your input. That was a total newby error on my side. I wasn't looking at the right frequency. I had been successfully as mentioned with Jaero and ACARS. But once I looked up the frequency again here and here (I am in Europe so IOR: 1537.10 MHz).

Getting data now.

Thanks a lot for your help. And hopefully the post can help others with knowledge as basic as mine.

Nico

Scytale-C 2.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.