Data disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
For reasons unknown to me, all of my channel Info is not displaying in Sentinal or ARC for one of my favorite lists. Departments and systems are all still there but when I click on a department, the right side of the screen goes away! When open in ARC, the channel table is blank....frequencies, Alpha Tags, everything! Department info and location data is still there.

What happened?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Opening saved file on computer. When I check the radio, everything is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If the data disappeared from one place (scanner or computer) and you wrote the file to the other place, it might be gone for good unless you have a backup somewhere.

Probably got corrupted somehow.

You can locate the .HPD files on you computer and open them with a text editor, such as Notepad, just to take a look to see if the "raw" data is there. Don't make any changes that way or save the file - just close it.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I opened it in Notepad and info was there. I compared to other lists and couldn't find what might be different. So I just extracted a backup I made from last year and copied it and now all boxes are filled!

I wonder if an inadvertent "comma" might have gotten in there and jacked up the data spacing somehow so when ARC or Sentinal tried to read it, the channel data wasn't in the right space and so it didn't display it. Only thing is I had about 15 departments that were all missing channel data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.