Data on nuclear agency workers hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerone

Data protection

The question I have on this subject is most private companies do not allow employee's to download company data to laptops. But our Government seems to have no problem handing out laptops like candy korn to employee's with sensitive data on them. What's wrong with this picture ?

RocketMan1

MacombMonitor said:
This is a very disturbing trend! It seems companies in the U.S. are incapable of securing data in their computer, and put many people at high-risk, without facing any serious criminal charges. Banks, Hospitals, Government Agencies, you name it, nothing is safe anymore.
I'm pretty pissed off myself how the government is incapable of securing their sensitive info, I was one of the Ex-Soldiers who had their information stolen from the Veterans Administration, they even had the balls to send me a letter yesterday that said pretty much in a nutshell, not worry about it, it wasn't that big a deal, but if I feel my identity has been stolen to contact .....right now somewhere an illegal imigrant is assuming my identity.

MacombMonitor

RocketMan1 said:
I'm pretty pissed off myself how the government is incapable of securing their sensitive info, I was one of the Ex-Soldiers who had their information stolen from the Veterans Administration, they even had the balls to send me a letter yesterday that said pretty much in a nutshell, not worry about it, it wasn't that big a deal, but if I feel my identity has been stolen to contact .....right now somewhere an illegal imigrant is assuming my identity.
I don't know if this will give you any peace of mind, or even if it's true, but yesterday on the news I heard they're pretty confident the data was destroyed. Apparently there hasn't been any documented cases of identity theft, or fraud resulting from that incident yet. So they're assuming that some kids got hold of it and just deleted/destroyed it.

I would probably be a good idea to put all your financial institutions on a high-alert just in case.

RocketMan1

I sure hope thats the case! I don't want to have to go through the BS my wife had to after someone stole a computer from the hospital she works at. Thanks for the peace of mind if it's true.

cristisphoto

Welllll

What do you all expect???:(
I mean seriously I don't take Our guv seriously anymore...
And neither should you all...
Ultimatly securty ,safety etc is up to us a individuals....
Look at Katrina.....
If you depend Soley on the US GUv or ANY Guv foor that matter to bail you out, then my friend you are headed on a head on collision with a freight train...
I DO NOT EVER use credit of ANY kind , BUY ONline etc...
Cash Onlly
No bank accounts
None not for about seven years.....

Burn my mail and/or shred by hand....
Call me whatever but no on has even a chance to steal what ID I do Have
Soooo
ANyhow
Regards,
Crista

PS to the vets YOu guys I feel bad for
in 1999 when I was in the US NAvy..
I had funds stolen out my B OF A account since then
NO more Banks EVER

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Reuters should never be trusted.

"I mean seriously I don't take Our guv seriously anymore"

You did?? :lol: They should never be trusted. It's our duty as a citizen!

I sell a variety of tin foil hats however, I only accepted credits card right now. :lol: (Oh, ya ya sure I'll take three please.) :roll:

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
tuckerone said:
The question I have on this subject is most private companies do not allow employee's to download company data to laptops. But our Government seems to have no problem handing out laptops like candy korn to employee's with sensitive data on them. What's wrong with this picture ?

we at work call those people SUs...Stupid Users.

RISC777

kb2vxa said:
The Government
I like the wording "bureaucratic confusion." :lol:

Yes, we should distrust our government while retaining a modicum of confidence (lack of confidence leads to recessions and such ugly things).

poltergeisty, tin foil hats? I request mine to be aluminum foil, please. I'll take five so long as you take Discover. :wink: I really enjoy having microwave increased in that 2.x range. :)

And it was contract workers, one or some of them, that took the data, right? Not directly employed personages . . .

I think I'll go contract myself out in some way to Mr. B. Gates and make off with some of his cash or bearer bonds. Might need a few other volunteers for that to have a semblance of a 'company' he can sub some 'work' out to.

RocketMan, at least you got a letter. I didn't. Does that mean they didn't my info.? hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.