BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Data / Power port cover flaps open

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEvil

As silly/tedious as this may sound, I've noticed that the little rubber flap on the right side of my scanner (it covers the usb, port etc.) constantly flaps open. No matter how tightly I seal it/secure it, it'll often pop right open after only a minute or two.

Anyone else noticed this?
Any tips/suggestions? It's incredible annoying and doesn't seem to be working as designed.

mrkelso

As silly/tedious as this may sound, I've noticed that the little rubber flap on the right side of my scanner (it covers the usb, port etc.) constantly flaps open. No matter how tightly I seal it/secure it, it'll often pop right open after only a minute or two.

Anyone else noticed this?
Any tips/suggestions? It's incredible annoying and doesn't seem to be working as designed.

Mine does the same thing very loose fitting and pops open

kd7eir

Mine spends a lot of time open while connected to USB for power, but it's never opened on it's own when I have closed it.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Mine spends a lot of time open while connected to USB for power, but it's never opened on it's own when I have closed it.

Same here. I open it up several times a day to connect power/GPS, but it stays put.

Always gotta find something to complain about.

lep

As silly/tedious as this may sound...

It's incredible annoying and doesn't seem to be working as designed.

My suggestion...don't get so annoyed at the small stuff! Get a life away from finding minor stuff wrong with Uniden.

BigEvil

i'm a longtime loyal paying customer/supporter of many of Unidens scanners over the past decade, I reject the notion that one should simply be content if they only have a "minor" problem. I paid good money for these brand new scanners and I don't feel remotely out of line for asking if others are experiencing this.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I paid good money for these brand new scanners and I don't feel remotely out of line for asking if others are experiencing this.

As you shouldn't. Nothing wrong at all with what you are asking.

My 436 doesn't do this, which surprises me because it spends many hours every day connected to a power source via USB. All my other handheld Unidens, starting with the 245XLT had this problem. I just removed the rubber flap on those scanners after I got sick of "fixing it" (aka closing it back up in an annoyed manner).

I wish I had a suggestion for you, but all I came up with on all my previous Uniden handhelds was to remove the flap after I got sick of it. Maybe a small bit of double sided tape would help? No idea.

-AZ

kd7eir

Sometimes mine requires a little extra push to insure that it's actually seated - perhaps that is something to look into.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Mine was loose as well. Pulling on the tab a little bit seemed to help....for a while anyway. About a week ago, it was back to not closing securely, so I just pulled the whole thing off and covered the area with electrical tape.

Oh, and before I'm accused of complaining, this wasn't a complaint. Just a statement of facts. :D

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.