Data Request - PSE&G TRS in South Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

We appear to be missing a few sites for the PSE&G TRS in South Jersey. I'm being told it's as many as 5 (possibly), but the minimum known to be missing are:

Deptford
Moorestown
Woodstown

Anyone with UT that can get the frequency & NAC info so I can get the DB updated? Thanks in advance!

GM

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, they should all be a part of Site 1 Simulcast. I do know that the PSEG Nuclear system went off the air at the beginning of October, and the database was updated to show that. Unitrunker is currently showing all 7 Peer sites on the Site 1 Simulcast. NAC showing 8D1 still for Site 1.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@GM is correct, Deptford and Moorestown are licensed for the same frequencies as the main simulcast.

Deptford - WQZW998 - THOROFARE - 356 JESSUP RD, WEST DEPTFORD TWP, NJ GLOUCESTER County
Moorestown - WQZX263 - MOORESTOWN - 300 NEW ALBANY RD, MOORESTOWN, NJ BURLINGTON County

There is no trunked license for PSEG in the Woodstown area, only conventional 900 MHz.

Woodstown - WPTT358 - S MAIN ST & E LAKE RD, WOODSTOWN, NJ SALEM County

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
After looking at PSEG's licenses again, it turns out that only 3 of the 8 frequencies for the main simulcast are actually licensed to PSEG. I can't find licenses for the rest of the frequencies, although they may have an agreement with PDV or whoever owns that spectrum in the region, which is a similar arrangement that PSEG has with them on Long Island for that 900 MHz P25 system.

In any event, it is worth keeping an eye on this and other 900 MHz system, as the band is in the process of being realigned. Currently the entirety of 935-940 is available for narrowband voice, however that's about to change as a 3 MHz chunk right in the middle is going to be reallocated for broadband usage. What that means for these 900 MHz P25 system is that only 935.0 - 936.5 and 939.5 - 940.0 will be available for narrowband voice; 936.5 - 939.5 will wind up as broadband spectrum at some point.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Those Conventional 900 MHz freq's listed above used to be a part of PSE&G's SSR locations (Single Site Repeaters) prior to the P25 TRS becoming live as the primary radios system. Since the P25 system is primary now, those SSR's were taken off the air.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Thanks for the update guys! My source said he was almost positive that allocation reuse was being done.

ansky

Does PSEG actually use this radio system for anything? I remember another thread a while back about the North Jersey PSEG system and it was mentioned that it really doesn't get used anymore. PSEG did a lot of work in my neighborhood over the summer and I did not see anyone using or carrying a radio the whole time.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they use the radios and quite often. Most of the activity is during the day, and it's by the Electric crews. Gas crews use mostly MDT's, and with the virus, they are being dispatched sometimes by cell phone (especially during the overnight hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.