Data Signal Heard On 453.175 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2AL

Hey everyone! I heard this data signal on 453.175 MHz yesterday, in Philadelphia, Tennessee, close to Loudon. I did some direction finding best I could but was unable to narrow down the origin of this signal.

I performed a search of the FCC's ULS Database and the closest licensee is UT Medical Center in Knoxville, about 45 miles away from where this signal was heard. I do not believe this signal originated from UT though because the signal faded quite fast once I was outside of Loudon and nearing Knoxville.

If anyone has an idea of what this signal might be please let me know! Where I was at when this signal was heard, was primarily farm land. The closest large business is Sweetwater Valley Farms & Cheese Factory in Philadelphia. Other than the farm, there are industries in Sweetwater and Loudon, but this signal at this point can be anything.

I have included a YouTube video, and a screenshot from the FCC's ULS Database for reference as well.

https://youtu.be/6YWeey9vJ_s

02c17b6b71dc3727c1851e276e4d9e37.jpg

N2AL

Troymail and toastycookies I believe you both correct. I picked the signal up again in Maryville today.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Troymail and toastycookies I believe you both correct. I picked the signal up again in Maryville today.

Definitely 1200 Baud POCSAQ paging. And the medical facility is almost certainly the cause.

N2AL

Definitely 1200 Baud POCSAQ paging. And the medical facility is almost certainly the cause.

Without a doubt it's UT Medical Center. I just wonder for what purposes they are transmitting a paging signal over the East Tennessee area. I suppose though I always have to find the why in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.