Data signal that I am trying to identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
https://youtu.be/7TAwPdoSNew

At this link I have a short clip of a data signal that is in my neighborhood. I found it on a CloseCall hit yesterday as well as identical data on 464.650 (with a stronger signal) at the same time. 464.650 seems to be gone today but 464.550 remains.

Any ideas what it is?

I will scout around and see if I can find it, there are a lot of SCADA installations around.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It seems to have gone away now so if it returns tomorrow I will look for some surveyors in the neighborhood.

There are new homes going up to the west of here, that might be where it is emanating from.

Thanks Tom!

ecps92

Don't just look for Human Surveyors.

I've found these in Low-Profile Boxes as well as Newspaper Dispenser sizes used to map out the property lines running 24/7 and some have been on Repeater inputs.

Some have external antennas, some found with Beams.

Enjoy the Hunt

It seems to have gone away now so if it returns tomorrow I will look for some surveyors in the neighborhood.

There are new homes going up to the west of here, that might be where it is emanating from.

Thanks Tom!

N9JIG

Sheriff
Found them!

I found the data transmitters. they were about a mile (as the crow flies) from my home where they are building a new phase of our subdivision. They were large GPS enabled surveying pods about the size of a newspaper box with a 15-20 foot pole attached. At the top of the pole was an attachment about the size of a trash-can lid with 4 round antennas.

There are two of these devices in the construction area and I saw 2 different surveyors working with single pod devices marking out the new streets and lots.

Thanks for the info guys!

ecps92

That was a short/quick DF project :D
I found the data transmitters. they were about a mile (as the crow flies) from my home where they are building a new phase of our subdivision. They were large GPS enabled surveying pods about the size of a newspaper box with a 15-20 foot pole attached. At the top of the pole was an attachment about the size of a trash-can lid with 4 round antennas.

There are two of these devices in the construction area and I saw 2 different surveyors working with single pod devices marking out the new streets and lots.

Thanks for the info guys!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.