Data Stream no Decode Ottawa Area

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

mmisk

I can hear this signal with no issues. Of course with RENIR it is mostly an encrypted system. This site is not far west of Ottawa.
2 (2)081 (51)ShawvilleOutaouais141.045c153.605c153.965c164.835
Thanks very much for that, it must be the control channel I am hearing.
And it certainly would be weak at my location.

MM

Last edited:

mmisk

I finally have some data today and it is probably from a closer RENIR voice output repeater, that overrides the data signal I have been listening to but not decoding.

Attached is a TXT file of what was captured.

Attachments

• 141.0450.txt
    22.1 KB · Views: 19

mmisk

I just noticed that if I tune Unitrunker to 141.045, it senses the protocol as MPT1327.
That is why I would receive data from RENOIR when it selected 141.045 as a voice signal and overrode the signal I was receiving.

gary123

I have seen a couple of incidences where factories or businesses have imported hardware from their EMEA or other operations and are using them here. No license or frequency assignment just shipped them over and started using them. It's not all a total ignorance of radio regulations. Often it's "We had the equipment so we brought it with us. Are you saying we should not have done that?". Add in the lack of regulation enforcement and you see how this can happen and often not be spotted aside from the people here at RR.

mmisk

I have seen a couple of incidences where factories or businesses have imported hardware from their EMEA or other operations and are using them here. No license or frequency assignment just shipped them over and started using them. It's not all a total ignorance of radio regulations. Often it's "We had the equipment so we brought it with us. Are you saying we should not have done that?". Add in the lack of regulation enforcement and you see how this can happen and often not be spotted aside from the people here at RR.
That is an interesting suggestion.
Be fun to try to decode it. I don't have anything for MPT1327.
Might not be worth the trouble I guess, so much else to do.

gary123

I think there are some SDR programs that do MPT-1327. The worst case scenario is you will verify the format of the transmitter.

mmisk

I think there are some SDR programs that do MPT-1327. The worst case scenario is you will verify the format of the transmitter.
I just remembered that Untrunker has the MPT-1327 listed as a protocol it can handle.
I gave it a try and it does recognize the signal as MPT-1327, however the signal health is poor so no decode of the control channel. I will leave it running and perhaps the signal strength will improve enough to produce a decode.

Attachments

• Unitrunker MPT1327.jpg
    Unitrunker MPT1327.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 9

gary123

To improve the decode chances. Set the SDR frequency to the 142.04250. With marginal and noisy signals anything you can do to improve the signal is going to be a plus.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just remembered that Untrunker has the MPT-1327 listed as a protocol it can handle.

Looks like sdr-trunk does also.