Database accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Greetings,

I recently drove I-80 end to end, and back this week

Before the trip I went to your database for the State Patrol frequencies, all on Low Band, and heard nothing both days, all 400 miles of the drive.

Is the database accurate and up to date?

W0JJK

Did you have the UHF Pac RT repeater frequency programmed in? 465.525 is the freq.

W0JJK

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The database is accurate for State Patrol frequencies. Just curious, what type of antenna were you using? Low band frequencies require a long antenna for good performance. If you were just using a handheld antenna inside a car, you can only expect reception about 8 miles from the base antenna and about 1 mile from the mobiles.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Cellphone when did you move to Phoenix?

Back on topic. NSP doesn't have that much radio traffic anyways unless if they are doing radar traps, special details (DUI checks), or a major incident.

jgodeker

Keep in mind this is "Nebraska" not much happens, unless you get in on a DUI check occassionally. The state patrol is not real active in my neck of the woods.

J.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
465.350 in Richardson Co repeats the NSP 42.460 too you can hear it for quite a ways.

They talk quite a bit, just need antennas for low-band. You shouldn't expect to hear them on your 800MHz standard RS antenna for your scanner inside your car.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
FWIW - I was out there last week (Denver to Lincoln on I-80) and heard lots of traffic on 42 MHz. I'm using a 780 with an NMO-based 150-800 Antennex ABSCAN antenna.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I think a lot of people don't have them entered in correctly or wrong type of antenna, or expect to hear them on their handheld in the vehicle on the stock antenna. I hear them talking a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.