Database Dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokendash

Premium Subscriber
I'm was wondering if there is a some type of database dump available for me to download? or perhaps a sample? so I can proof out an idea... I have all sorts of questions about structure/etc.. but maybe an admin can give me a dump of a query or sample of a specific area code or something like that for me to work with.

bezking

What are you trying to do? The site has a webservice available to pull data into your apps, as well as the DB on CD for times when you have no network access... But if you are looking for direct data access you will need to contact the site owner, Mr. Lindsay Blanton at webmaster@radioreference.com

mojo3120

I'm was wondering if there is a some type of database dump available for me to download? or perhaps a sample? so I can proof out an idea... I have all sorts of questions about structure/etc.. but maybe an admin can give me a dump of a query or sample of a specific area code or something like that for me to work with.

You probably want to look at the API

API - The RadioReference Wiki

You access the database through xml.

ddb

Premium Subscriber
The easiest way to do this would be to buy the RadioReference DVD. It is a total dump of this site (minus the forums). A simple bit of poking around reveals that it is running MySQL, and you can easily connect to it with the MySQL admin tools, and from there do what you like.

It really does behave like the RadioReference site, even to the point of letting you use the same (well, version 7) SOAP API to extract data. It costs only a little bit more than a year of RR Premium.

brokendash

Premium Subscriber
Ok Ok.... I stumbled into WSDL and have seen the light..Ssorry for the noob post :)

Cheers,
B

Status
Not open for further replies.